The Neti pot is used to perform the ancient technique of Jalaneti. This is an ancient Indian yogi practice and of great benefit to the sinus area, throat, ears, eyes, as well as intuition, a peaceful mind and calmly stimulating the third eye. I have found this an incredible tool for expanding awareness and well as clearing the head and throat area.
This copper neti pot is the best of the neti pots as one receives the benefits of copper as well as the neti technique. Water left in a copper vessel over night and drunk the next day is said to improve health and relieve infections including:
- Relieve arthritis and inflamed joints.
- Improve skin issues.
- Aid in weight loss and anti-ageing.
- Support digestive issues including constipation, diarrhea, e.coli.
- Regulate anemia issues.
- Improve cardiovascular health.
Regular use of a neti pot WILL greatly help:
- Clear the sinus, relieve and prevent infections reoccurring.
- Clear the eyes from the inside, for great shine, clarity and vision.
- Clear the ears from the inside for great hearing and comfort.
- Regulate the thyroid gland.
- Stimulate the brain and increases peacefulness.
- Gently opens the third eye; increases creativity, inner vision, dream recall and expands awareness and consciousness.
- Copper Neti pot
- Sea Salt
- Sink area
- The night before desired use, half fill with clean water and cover.
- In the morning prior to any food, pour the water into a glass and drink.
- Pour hot water with one teaspoon of sea salt: this makes the water the same saline content as your blood. Add cold water so that the temperature is the same as body temperature (tepid- pour a few drops on arm and cannot feel as same temp - like baby's bottle). This makes the experience very gentle and easy. If the water is too hot or cold, too salty or not salty enough, it can feel like an icecream headache! If that happens, start again. Prepared correctly, this is an enjoyable experience.
- Bend forward from the hips over a sink, turn the face to the right. Fix neti pot in right nostril. Warm water will flow in, there will be no air entering. The water will naturally flow through and out the other nostril drawing with it any impurities or irritants from the sinus area.
- At half way remove pot, turn head to the left and inset into the left nostril.
- When finished blow nose gently to release any water. It is essential that this part is carried out correctly so that no water is left in the area. It is extremely important this is done correctly to prevent any water getting stuck in the head as this can lead to colds and infection
- Bend over from the hips put your head towards your right leg, blow into a tissue 10 times, towards your left leg the same, then bring head to the middle and again blow 10 times. The water will naturally drain this way.
- Stand up straight. Put finger on right nostril, blow 10 times through left nostril, then swap over.
- Take a big breath in and blow out the nose 10 rapid breaths.
- Take 10 breaths in and out of the nose.
- The nasal area should now be drained and dry
Dry the neti pot properly, deep clean in hot water with lemon regularly. Dry and put away. Use daily or twice daily for great results.