Can you imagine who you are if you dropped all your old stories?
Are you ready to let go of your stories; all those things you tell yourself happened to you?
Who are you when you release your sotries and how do you feel?
By old stories I mean are those that no longer serve you and are well worn out. Perhaps you are a victim in them, treated unfairly, there is some abuse, power struggle etc.
Challenges can truely help makes us who we are yet there also comes a time to let go of and relase the old stories. It is good to let go.
When one is lost in old stories one is lost in ego, in a sperate identity possibly of some sort of victim. Each story you carry attaches you to some version of yourself, some character you play in that story. A story can be told a thousand ways and seen from a thousand different persepctives. Old stories that keep getting retold about soemthing that happened or isn't fair, either your own or someone else's, can really get tiring! Just think about it a moment and you may agree?
You don't have to give up any story, but what I'm inviting you to do is ask yourself what story are you hanging on to that you'd actually like to drop completely?
Can you name it out loud?
I have one that comes to mind and I am dropping it completely. I'm no longer going to repreat the same old words, phrases 'I'm no good at.... blah blah blah blah!'
I'm done with it, and am so happy to realise it's not true and that I can release it. Time to drop it!
Next time someone asks you about something, rather than go into the usual tale/ story, you might like to pause a few moments, breathe and see what new words arise. Life, breath, words, thoughts are delivered to us moment by moment. Allowing each moment to be birthed anew gifts us rich, abundanct, propoerous, fun and creative connections.
Here are two meditations I deveoped many years ago as a matter of survival!
They also help me feel more free, clear, happy and in peace, not to mention harmonious and unattached to stories!
They may not be for everyone, but they have helped me and may just help you.
Peace be with you love child of the universe X.
Purpose: Feel more harmony with life
Why: Breathing harmoniously for 10 minutes will bring more harmony into your life. Easy and it works!
Focus on a certain area such as health, home, work, finances, how you look, etc. for 21 breaths plus, to bring more harmony into these specific areas of your life. This exercise will shift the mind out of the ‘story’ it is playing and into the present moment where you are everything and nothing and all is possible. The crystalline grid around you alters with your breath and feelings, and this will then affect a different reality to open up in front of you. In a way a death occurs, a death of a thought pattern you’ve been stuck in and the death of the story you’ve been carrying around with you. This could be a story that has gone on all your life, (e.g. ‘my bad skin’ can be calmed by breathing harmoniously while pondering good skin, bad skin ,regular skin and giving thanks for your lovely skin!) or even may go generations back as you may observe how your parents also carried a story. Are you ready to let it go? Likewise it could be something that’s just popped up in your day and this meditation equally has the power to transform a ‘bad day’ into ‘good day’.
- Start with The Quick Power Breath Meditation to oxygenate the body and clear the mind. Use the stomach muscles as a pump to exhale and inhale 21 rapid breaths:
- Push all air out of lungs by pushing stomach muscles and spine in towards each other
- Inhale by pushing out stomach muscles and lower back away from spine (outwards away from each other)
- Exhale and inhale rapidly for 2 minutes or as long is comfortable. If this is your first time to try this, 5 breaths may be enough to begin with. Stop if feel dizzy and just add a few breaths to it each time you repeat the meditation.
- Take five quick deeper breaths observing long pauses in-between breaths to help the body and shift the mind.
- Tune into the feeling of harmony in your stomach muscles and lower back. As you breathe feel the muscles moving out and in harmoniously, like gentle waves in the water. Stay with the muscles moving in and out harmoniously as you breath. Go at your natural speed of breathing with constant awareness of the stomach muscles moving harmoniously. Do this for 5 minutes while not thinking of anything of anything specific but just focusing on the harmonious movement of the stomach muscles and back.
- Bring to mind anything which may have been upsetting you. Continue breathing harmoniously while you ponder this and give thanks for it and. This will take focus but increase harmony in your day and whatever area of life you were focusing upon.
- Well done.
Gautama Buddha, also known as Siddhārtha Gautama, or simply the Buddha, was a sage on whose teachings Buddhism was founded. He is believed to have lived and taught mostly in eastern India sometime between the fourth and sixth centuries BCE.
The word Buddha means "awakened one" or "the enlightened one." According to Buddha, attachment is the cause of all suffering. Attachment can be towards anything such as how we think things should be, or for sensual satisfaction, for things such as food, money, fear, youthful looks, thought patterns, sadness, bitterness, certain people… It’s also a strategy of the monkey mind to keep one busy and distracted. If you find yourself spending your time longing for things or running away from thing (addictions and aversions) know that this is the monkey innocent mind at work and not your ‘true’ state of being. When one is lost in stories one is lost in ego. Can you imagine who you are if you dropped all your stories?
The main things we attach to are:
- Stories: This happened to me, and they they did this and I did that…
- People: Can be letting go of an ex, old firend, someone who has died/ left the body. Includes over attachment to epople in your life, children, paretns, partners etc. Allow always for there to be white light and space between you, between you and those youmiss, find challenging and love.
- Things: What you don’t have you don’t need right now. Let go of what you no longer need, honour the folow of life, releasing that which you no longer need or feel called to give to others. Enter an abudnance mindset where an opporutnity for everything you require is generously presented itlsef to you.
- Places: Yes some are very dear to us. But we must let go of everything in order to be here. Holding onto wanting to be somewhere else, prevents you from really landing and embodying this moment fully. And this is very much part of our purpose; to embody this moment fully…and see what arises!
The following exercise to help you let go of attachment, and thus feel happier and more able to experience and enjoy the present moment.
- For 10 harmonious breaths, observe the stomach muscles move in towards the spine as you exhale and extend outwards as you inhale.
- Tune into the feeling of delight. Inhale and exhale the feeling for 21 breaths, pausing in between each breath to focus upon the feeling of delight.
- Tune into the space around you. Exhale light into the space around you and inhale from the space light from the space into your body for 21 breaths; on each exhale expand the light so that in 21 breaths it fills the space and even neighbourhood you are in.
- Open your palm and call in your attachment. Ask it to appear in symbolic form on the palm of your hand. Talk to it:
- Ask it what it’s purpose is
- Ask it why there is disharmony between you and it
- Ask what it would like and what its insight/gift is
- If it feels right, feel unconditional love for it, accepting it fully, connecting you and it as one.
- When completed, hug it, give thanks for it and watch it dissolve.
- For specific issues, you can also try the following exercise:
- For an attachment to food: Imagine your last meal and your next meal. Now tune into and imagine the space in between the two meals, be in this space. Accept this feeling. There may be a bit of panic, but breathe harmoniously in this space and it will harmonise you to the peace in between meals.
- For an attachment to money or fear of not having money,
- Tune into the space between your last money payment and your next.
- Imagine all the possible ways money or whatever you need could come to you.
- Breathe peacefully and harmoniously in this space as your energy system relaxes and quietens. Be still in the space of accepting where you are while welcoming in what is on the way.
- For an attachment to exercise or lack of exercise, tune into the space in between your last moment of exercise and your next, breathe calmly in the space in between.
- For an attachment to other people or nights out, tune into the last great night out you enjoyed or the last time you enjoyed someone’s company, and the possible next one. Now be in the space between these two events and breathe calmly and harmoniously. Basically accept where you are!
- For an attachment to beauty; tune into the last time you felt beautiful and now imagine the next time. Accept being in the space between this and the next time.
- You get the idea; adapt this for anything else that comes to mind. Ask yourself, what else am I attached to that would benefit from this exercise? See the last time, the next time and be in the white light inbetween the two. Breathe harmoniously until the energy calms.
- Check in with the body, that it is feeling more realxed, at ease and at peace.
- Well done!
Thank you for sharing your time here and reading. Remember:
It's okay to let go of old stories and,
Meet this moment a fresh.
Recognise your attachments,
Learn the insight they offer and,
Let them go.
Let's breathe 3 breaths harmoniously right now.
Sending love to your heart, soul and world!
Love you! X
What is your number 1 thought on a daily basis?
Does it change day on day, week on week or can you identify one main concern/ dominant thought/ feeling that you’ve had a while?
What you feel and think affects your reality, the environment around you and the people close to you. Your dominant thought affects how you feel, influences your perspective of the world and even more interestingly draws your future to you!
Accepted and agreed within the field of quantum physics is that parallel realities co-exist, and that one moves between parallel realities usually completely unaware. If this is the case, which reality would you like to living in?
It was a major alarm bell moment when I first realised that I was affecting my reality with my thoughts and that I could alter my reality through choosing which thoughts to ignore and which to focus on.
In that moment, I released attachment to money, income, job, home etc. and chose to focus instead on a state of peace and happiness. At that time I had a good income etc. but not the peace and happiness so I reckoned that if I got that state of being right, then everything else would by default be good!
My relationship with peace and happiness has grown deeply since and I am grateful for this simple realisation that has dramatically changed my path over the past 15 years.
More recently this year of 2018, the focus has further evolved. It was triggered by a workshop I was developing called, Invite a Miracle In!
In the run up to the workshop, one had to list the top 10 miracles they would like to invite into their life, and then sit with this list for a week editing it as more clarity arose.
I edited my list a few times and realised clearly over a few days that the one thing more than anything I was inviting in, was Bhakti Yoga consciousness 24/7!
This translates as devotional service, which for I means, being aware of the divine as I go through my day. This my number 1 relationship and focus, the feeling of which flows into everything I think, say and do. The visual I get is seeing the Divine as the top of the triangle, top of the pyramid, the light of which permeates all and after and from this, the energy flows through everything.
The great gift.
Is to remember the Divine as Number 1 rather than any person, place or thing and that remembering the divine gives stability and strength to life regardless of circumstances. Everything is the material word including people and things will come and go and thus can cause suffering! It is recognised that putting a person on a pedestal or overly focusing on a job or other material possession will deliver suffereing!
This is written about in many spiritual texts that all things in the material world, people, places, things are temporary and will come and go. In the Bible it says,
‘Unless the Lord built it, they labour in vain that build it.’
Buddha reminds us also that,
‘Attachment is the cause of all suffering.’
Attachment to anything other than the creator/ goods energy leads to distress, as everything is temporary and will naturally come and go.
In the Bhagvad Gita, Krishna tells us that to remain peaceful regardless of what we consider good or bad happening in our lives is a most wise and elevated state, and a way to do this is to focus upon devotional service to Krishna or what some might like to call God, Source, Creator, Krishna, Great Mother, love or life.
To focus on the divine gives a most uplifting feeling that brings one into the now where nothing needs to change. In this state we are inspired and guided moment by moment. The feeling also relates to the feeling of Delight which we work with in the Soul’s Goals; both a high frequency bridge to the divine. A welcomed break from the monotony of worry and fear (!) and a step into trust, and oneness with the great creator.
To focus on the divine and devotional service 24/7 may not be as easy as clicking our fingers but it does start with awareness, feeling into it and choice and we all have that power right here right now. I’m interested in finding out if this is something that interests you? How does it feel?
I may not remember 24/7! However I am enjoying the ease, grace, peace and at times fearlessness that this is bringing.. Some day I may be thoughtless! But for now I am young, and happy with the dominant thought ‘devotional service’ and what it inspires!
To finish up, I would simply encourage 1 thing here; write down your top 10 miracles /wishes that you would like to experience and give it a week to 10 days and see then what is number 1. If this feels delightful, of purpose to this world and resonates with your heart, write it down somewhere and look at it regularly. You might just grow that direction! You are a purposeful co-creator.
Love, peace, laughter, hugs and devotional service consciusness brothers and sisters!