Can you imagine who you are if you dropped all your old stories?
Are you ready to let go of your stories; all those things you tell yourself happened to you?
Who are you when you release your sotries and how do you feel?
By old stories I mean are those that no longer serve you and are well worn out. Perhaps you are a victim in them, treated unfairly, there is some abuse, power struggle etc.
Challenges can truely help makes us who we are yet there also comes a time to let go of and relase the old stories. It is good to let go.
When one is lost in old stories one is lost in ego, in a sperate identity possibly of some sort of victim. Each story you carry attaches you to some version of yourself, some character you play in that story. A story can be told a thousand ways and seen from a thousand different persepctives. Old stories that keep getting retold about soemthing that happened or isn't fair, either your own or someone else's, can really get tiring! Just think about it a moment and you may agree?
You don't have to give up any story, but what I'm inviting you to do is ask yourself what story are you hanging on to that you'd actually like to drop completely?
Can you name it out loud?
I have one that comes to mind and I am dropping it completely. I'm no longer going to repreat the same old words, phrases 'I'm no good at.... blah blah blah blah!'
I'm done with it, and am so happy to realise it's not true and that I can release it. Time to drop it!
Next time someone asks you about something, rather than go into the usual tale/ story, you might like to pause a few moments, breathe and see what new words arise. Life, breath, words, thoughts are delivered to us moment by moment. Allowing each moment to be birthed anew gifts us rich, abundanct, propoerous, fun and creative connections.
Here are two meditations I deveoped many years ago as a matter of survival!
They also help me feel more free, clear, happy and in peace, not to mention harmonious and unattached to stories!
They may not be for everyone, but they have helped me and may just help you.
Peace be with you love child of the universe X.
Purpose: Feel more harmony with life
Why: Breathing harmoniously for 10 minutes will bring more harmony into your life. Easy and it works!
Focus on a certain area such as health, home, work, finances, how you look, etc. for 21 breaths plus, to bring more harmony into these specific areas of your life. This exercise will shift the mind out of the ‘story’ it is playing and into the present moment where you are everything and nothing and all is possible. The crystalline grid around you alters with your breath and feelings, and this will then affect a different reality to open up in front of you. In a way a death occurs, a death of a thought pattern you’ve been stuck in and the death of the story you’ve been carrying around with you. This could be a story that has gone on all your life, (e.g. ‘my bad skin’ can be calmed by breathing harmoniously while pondering good skin, bad skin ,regular skin and giving thanks for your lovely skin!) or even may go generations back as you may observe how your parents also carried a story. Are you ready to let it go? Likewise it could be something that’s just popped up in your day and this meditation equally has the power to transform a ‘bad day’ into ‘good day’.
- Start with The Quick Power Breath Meditation to oxygenate the body and clear the mind. Use the stomach muscles as a pump to exhale and inhale 21 rapid breaths:
- Push all air out of lungs by pushing stomach muscles and spine in towards each other
- Inhale by pushing out stomach muscles and lower back away from spine (outwards away from each other)
- Exhale and inhale rapidly for 2 minutes or as long is comfortable. If this is your first time to try this, 5 breaths may be enough to begin with. Stop if feel dizzy and just add a few breaths to it each time you repeat the meditation.
- Take five quick deeper breaths observing long pauses in-between breaths to help the body and shift the mind.
- Tune into the feeling of harmony in your stomach muscles and lower back. As you breathe feel the muscles moving out and in harmoniously, like gentle waves in the water. Stay with the muscles moving in and out harmoniously as you breath. Go at your natural speed of breathing with constant awareness of the stomach muscles moving harmoniously. Do this for 5 minutes while not thinking of anything of anything specific but just focusing on the harmonious movement of the stomach muscles and back.
- Bring to mind anything which may have been upsetting you. Continue breathing harmoniously while you ponder this and give thanks for it and. This will take focus but increase harmony in your day and whatever area of life you were focusing upon.
- Well done.
Gautama Buddha, also known as Siddhārtha Gautama, or simply the Buddha, was a sage on whose teachings Buddhism was founded. He is believed to have lived and taught mostly in eastern India sometime between the fourth and sixth centuries BCE.
The word Buddha means "awakened one" or "the enlightened one." According to Buddha, attachment is the cause of all suffering. Attachment can be towards anything such as how we think things should be, or for sensual satisfaction, for things such as food, money, fear, youthful looks, thought patterns, sadness, bitterness, certain people… It’s also a strategy of the monkey mind to keep one busy and distracted. If you find yourself spending your time longing for things or running away from thing (addictions and aversions) know that this is the monkey innocent mind at work and not your ‘true’ state of being. When one is lost in stories one is lost in ego. Can you imagine who you are if you dropped all your stories?
The main things we attach to are:
- Stories: This happened to me, and they they did this and I did that…
- People: Can be letting go of an ex, old firend, someone who has died/ left the body. Includes over attachment to epople in your life, children, paretns, partners etc. Allow always for there to be white light and space between you, between you and those youmiss, find challenging and love.
- Things: What you don’t have you don’t need right now. Let go of what you no longer need, honour the folow of life, releasing that which you no longer need or feel called to give to others. Enter an abudnance mindset where an opporutnity for everything you require is generously presented itlsef to you.
- Places: Yes some are very dear to us. But we must let go of everything in order to be here. Holding onto wanting to be somewhere else, prevents you from really landing and embodying this moment fully. And this is very much part of our purpose; to embody this moment fully…and see what arises!
The following exercise to help you let go of attachment, and thus feel happier and more able to experience and enjoy the present moment.
- For 10 harmonious breaths, observe the stomach muscles move in towards the spine as you exhale and extend outwards as you inhale.
- Tune into the feeling of delight. Inhale and exhale the feeling for 21 breaths, pausing in between each breath to focus upon the feeling of delight.
- Tune into the space around you. Exhale light into the space around you and inhale from the space light from the space into your body for 21 breaths; on each exhale expand the light so that in 21 breaths it fills the space and even neighbourhood you are in.
- Open your palm and call in your attachment. Ask it to appear in symbolic form on the palm of your hand. Talk to it:
- Ask it what it’s purpose is
- Ask it why there is disharmony between you and it
- Ask what it would like and what its insight/gift is
- If it feels right, feel unconditional love for it, accepting it fully, connecting you and it as one.
- When completed, hug it, give thanks for it and watch it dissolve.
- For specific issues, you can also try the following exercise:
- For an attachment to food: Imagine your last meal and your next meal. Now tune into and imagine the space in between the two meals, be in this space. Accept this feeling. There may be a bit of panic, but breathe harmoniously in this space and it will harmonise you to the peace in between meals.
- For an attachment to money or fear of not having money,
- Tune into the space between your last money payment and your next.
- Imagine all the possible ways money or whatever you need could come to you.
- Breathe peacefully and harmoniously in this space as your energy system relaxes and quietens. Be still in the space of accepting where you are while welcoming in what is on the way.
- For an attachment to exercise or lack of exercise, tune into the space in between your last moment of exercise and your next, breathe calmly in the space in between.
- For an attachment to other people or nights out, tune into the last great night out you enjoyed or the last time you enjoyed someone’s company, and the possible next one. Now be in the space between these two events and breathe calmly and harmoniously. Basically accept where you are!
- For an attachment to beauty; tune into the last time you felt beautiful and now imagine the next time. Accept being in the space between this and the next time.
- You get the idea; adapt this for anything else that comes to mind. Ask yourself, what else am I attached to that would benefit from this exercise? See the last time, the next time and be in the white light inbetween the two. Breathe harmoniously until the energy calms.
- Check in with the body, that it is feeling more realxed, at ease and at peace.
- Well done!
Thank you for sharing your time here and reading. Remember:
It's okay to let go of old stories and,
Meet this moment a fresh.
Recognise your attachments,
Learn the insight they offer and,
Let them go.
Let's breathe 3 breaths harmoniously right now.
Sending love to your heart, soul and world!
Love you! X
Is managing stress is an area you are dealing with?
Here are some great ways to increase the peace:
- B Complex vitamin: Take 1 daily each morning, take 2, one at breakfast and one a noon/lunch – but no later than 3pm) on stressful/ challenging days that require more energy and greater calm.
- Good oils, either flax seed/ fish/ hemp/ etc. Udo’s choice are great, either in capsule or liquid – depending on which you will use. Take 2 -3 capsules daily at the beginning of a meal such as dinner
- Ponder regularly perhaps each morning and or evening, or at least once a week,
“Who am I and how would I feel, what would I be doing/ thinking/ speaking if there was no stress?”
The pondering of this is important and will bring you closer and more in alignment with this reality.
- Consider the version of you where you feel little or no stress and fill out the following ( they can change day on day):
- I am…
- I believe ….
- I am happy that….
- Thank you…
- I love…
- Cut out sugar, replace with fruit, honey, stevia etc. Increase water intake to approx 2 litres (non tap - either filtered or bottled) daily.
- Green smoothies: Get yourself a little whizzer if you don’t already have one. Look at the “Have a superlife” mix of 8 super foods available from health stores, 300g is about 20 euros. A large dessert spoon of this mixed with cucumber, spinach, celery water and whatever else you like (almonds soaked overnight, dates for sweetness…) also ok and fine to make fruity ones with berries, pineapple etc… will vitalize your blood nad being each morning so the point that you may crave them above any other breakfast option!
- Morning run/ walk for 10 to 20 minutes. This will clear stress right out of the system, give you a natural high, oxygenate your body and get into your real soul rhythm. Ask your man to join you if that helps!
- Take magnesium an hour before bed and ornithine (available from website) for a deep healing and restful sleep.
- Emotionally, have a Bach Flower remedy made for you ( available from website and via personal appointments/ healing sessions).
- Have some healing/ massage every few weeks to ease stress and help you let go of past. Being in the present moment in peace is the easiest and most delightful and inspiring place to be. Healing can greatly help this state of being arise.
Contentment and peacefulness are some of the greatest riches. Love is natural in these states. All is well. There are other ways too to support the shift into peacefulness. Please feel free to get into contact if you have any queries. Thank you.