Can you imagine who you are if you dropped all your old stories?
Are you ready to let go of your stories; all those things you tell yourself happened to you?
Who are you when you release your sotries and how do you feel?
By old stories I mean are those that no longer serve you and are well worn out. Perhaps you are a victim in them, treated unfairly, there is some abuse, power struggle etc.
Challenges can truely help makes us who we are yet there also comes a time to let go of and relase the old stories. It is good to let go.
When one is lost in old stories one is lost in ego, in a sperate identity possibly of some sort of victim. Each story you carry attaches you to some version of yourself, some character you play in that story. A story can be told a thousand ways and seen from a thousand different persepctives. Old stories that keep getting retold about soemthing that happened or isn't fair, either your own or someone else's, can really get tiring! Just think about it a moment and you may agree?
You don't have to give up any story, but what I'm inviting you to do is ask yourself what story are you hanging on to that you'd actually like to drop completely?
Can you name it out loud?
I have one that comes to mind and I am dropping it completely. I'm no longer going to repreat the same old words, phrases 'I'm no good at.... blah blah blah blah!'
I'm done with it, and am so happy to realise it's not true and that I can release it. Time to drop it!
Next time someone asks you about something, rather than go into the usual tale/ story, you might like to pause a few moments, breathe and see what new words arise. Life, breath, words, thoughts are delivered to us moment by moment. Allowing each moment to be birthed anew gifts us rich, abundanct, propoerous, fun and creative connections.
Here are two meditations I deveoped many years ago as a matter of survival!
They also help me feel more free, clear, happy and in peace, not to mention harmonious and unattached to stories!
They may not be for everyone, but they have helped me and may just help you.
Peace be with you love child of the universe X.
Purpose: Feel more harmony with life
Why: Breathing harmoniously for 10 minutes will bring more harmony into your life. Easy and it works!
Focus on a certain area such as health, home, work, finances, how you look, etc. for 21 breaths plus, to bring more harmony into these specific areas of your life. This exercise will shift the mind out of the ‘story’ it is playing and into the present moment where you are everything and nothing and all is possible. The crystalline grid around you alters with your breath and feelings, and this will then affect a different reality to open up in front of you. In a way a death occurs, a death of a thought pattern you’ve been stuck in and the death of the story you’ve been carrying around with you. This could be a story that has gone on all your life, (e.g. ‘my bad skin’ can be calmed by breathing harmoniously while pondering good skin, bad skin ,regular skin and giving thanks for your lovely skin!) or even may go generations back as you may observe how your parents also carried a story. Are you ready to let it go? Likewise it could be something that’s just popped up in your day and this meditation equally has the power to transform a ‘bad day’ into ‘good day’.
- Start with The Quick Power Breath Meditation to oxygenate the body and clear the mind. Use the stomach muscles as a pump to exhale and inhale 21 rapid breaths:
- Push all air out of lungs by pushing stomach muscles and spine in towards each other
- Inhale by pushing out stomach muscles and lower back away from spine (outwards away from each other)
- Exhale and inhale rapidly for 2 minutes or as long is comfortable. If this is your first time to try this, 5 breaths may be enough to begin with. Stop if feel dizzy and just add a few breaths to it each time you repeat the meditation.
- Take five quick deeper breaths observing long pauses in-between breaths to help the body and shift the mind.
- Tune into the feeling of harmony in your stomach muscles and lower back. As you breathe feel the muscles moving out and in harmoniously, like gentle waves in the water. Stay with the muscles moving in and out harmoniously as you breath. Go at your natural speed of breathing with constant awareness of the stomach muscles moving harmoniously. Do this for 5 minutes while not thinking of anything of anything specific but just focusing on the harmonious movement of the stomach muscles and back.
- Bring to mind anything which may have been upsetting you. Continue breathing harmoniously while you ponder this and give thanks for it and. This will take focus but increase harmony in your day and whatever area of life you were focusing upon.
- Well done.
Gautama Buddha, also known as Siddhārtha Gautama, or simply the Buddha, was a sage on whose teachings Buddhism was founded. He is believed to have lived and taught mostly in eastern India sometime between the fourth and sixth centuries BCE.
The word Buddha means "awakened one" or "the enlightened one." According to Buddha, attachment is the cause of all suffering. Attachment can be towards anything such as how we think things should be, or for sensual satisfaction, for things such as food, money, fear, youthful looks, thought patterns, sadness, bitterness, certain people… It’s also a strategy of the monkey mind to keep one busy and distracted. If you find yourself spending your time longing for things or running away from thing (addictions and aversions) know that this is the monkey innocent mind at work and not your ‘true’ state of being. When one is lost in stories one is lost in ego. Can you imagine who you are if you dropped all your stories?
The main things we attach to are:
- Stories: This happened to me, and they they did this and I did that…
- People: Can be letting go of an ex, old firend, someone who has died/ left the body. Includes over attachment to epople in your life, children, paretns, partners etc. Allow always for there to be white light and space between you, between you and those youmiss, find challenging and love.
- Things: What you don’t have you don’t need right now. Let go of what you no longer need, honour the folow of life, releasing that which you no longer need or feel called to give to others. Enter an abudnance mindset where an opporutnity for everything you require is generously presented itlsef to you.
- Places: Yes some are very dear to us. But we must let go of everything in order to be here. Holding onto wanting to be somewhere else, prevents you from really landing and embodying this moment fully. And this is very much part of our purpose; to embody this moment fully…and see what arises!
The following exercise to help you let go of attachment, and thus feel happier and more able to experience and enjoy the present moment.
- For 10 harmonious breaths, observe the stomach muscles move in towards the spine as you exhale and extend outwards as you inhale.
- Tune into the feeling of delight. Inhale and exhale the feeling for 21 breaths, pausing in between each breath to focus upon the feeling of delight.
- Tune into the space around you. Exhale light into the space around you and inhale from the space light from the space into your body for 21 breaths; on each exhale expand the light so that in 21 breaths it fills the space and even neighbourhood you are in.
- Open your palm and call in your attachment. Ask it to appear in symbolic form on the palm of your hand. Talk to it:
- Ask it what it’s purpose is
- Ask it why there is disharmony between you and it
- Ask what it would like and what its insight/gift is
- If it feels right, feel unconditional love for it, accepting it fully, connecting you and it as one.
- When completed, hug it, give thanks for it and watch it dissolve.
- For specific issues, you can also try the following exercise:
- For an attachment to food: Imagine your last meal and your next meal. Now tune into and imagine the space in between the two meals, be in this space. Accept this feeling. There may be a bit of panic, but breathe harmoniously in this space and it will harmonise you to the peace in between meals.
- For an attachment to money or fear of not having money,
- Tune into the space between your last money payment and your next.
- Imagine all the possible ways money or whatever you need could come to you.
- Breathe peacefully and harmoniously in this space as your energy system relaxes and quietens. Be still in the space of accepting where you are while welcoming in what is on the way.
- For an attachment to exercise or lack of exercise, tune into the space in between your last moment of exercise and your next, breathe calmly in the space in between.
- For an attachment to other people or nights out, tune into the last great night out you enjoyed or the last time you enjoyed someone’s company, and the possible next one. Now be in the space between these two events and breathe calmly and harmoniously. Basically accept where you are!
- For an attachment to beauty; tune into the last time you felt beautiful and now imagine the next time. Accept being in the space between this and the next time.
- You get the idea; adapt this for anything else that comes to mind. Ask yourself, what else am I attached to that would benefit from this exercise? See the last time, the next time and be in the white light inbetween the two. Breathe harmoniously until the energy calms.
- Check in with the body, that it is feeling more realxed, at ease and at peace.
- Well done!
Thank you for sharing your time here and reading. Remember:
It's okay to let go of old stories and,
Meet this moment a fresh.
Recognise your attachments,
Learn the insight they offer and,
Let them go.
Let's breathe 3 breaths harmoniously right now.
Sending love to your heart, soul and world!
Love you! X
A new year and new beginnings….
On New years eve of 2019, my path took a slight but unexpected turn.
I find it interesting that if I am walking a certain direction and change that direction even slightly, I end up on a very different route and in a very different place.
At the time, I could have got angry or cried, but instead my awareness turned inwards, and I saw and felt a light in my heart. I realised I was fine, this was right and accepted it. With it a gracious and more present awareness flowed through I and into this being...
The inner good vibes and my guidance felt, thanks be to God, clear, excited and inspired. That’s only been 4 weeks ago and it’s been a wonderful trip! Some direction was given to me, which I acted upon, opening up new avenues and possibilities.
All is well.
2019 is a healthy and positive year for many with healthy new beginnings being offered, I included. May you see yours and if something is taken away, allow it graciously to go, for something more appropriate is no doubt on the way.
Buddha reminds us that the cause of all suffering is attachment; attachment to people, things, and ideas etc., so let’s all just let it go!
The Bhagvad Gita reminds us that kindness is key even to our enemies (if you have any). Just feel into that! Also, to see living and work as devotional service, and to work without attachment to results.
Such wisdom and truth makes my heart sing.
When we pull away from one flow of energy that is not serving us, a surprising amount of energy can be released to flow in other areas. Just like when you make a change, meet a fear, it positively ripples into all of your life and not just that one area.
I’ve just come back from a wonderful kirtan retreat in Belgium. I feel a sense of the divine feminine, space for the sacred masuline and ease growing in my awareness. It was a blessed journey with 14 hours chanting each day which enabled a deeper journey to occur. I was gifted many times over, saw my guides arrive in mid chanting over many hours and got to sit with and observe insights move through my consciousness, such as, ‘everything is neutral,’ and ‘clearness’, as well as coming full circle into a deeper awareness of and presence in the here and now. I am so grateful for the Divine.
Every step we take, 10 steps are taken towards us.
TRUST was the word given to me for January.
In Krishna I trust.
In living I trust.
In my inner guidance I trust.
In moving into my edges and more into presence I trust.
Thank you TRUST.
For inner calm, peace, stability and feeling well! Recorded on this day of the blood moon 27 July 2018 and lunar eclipse to help us align with the light and gifts of this time.
Hi Friends, this is a summary or the video as it was too long to upload! The 'Thank you for the Blessing' part starts at about 3 minutes 50 seconds in- jump straight in if you wish, the pre is a warm up with some gentle breathing.
The energies can be considered quite intense right now. Breathing calmly, deeply and giving thanks is more than powerful enough way to align with the blessings and expanding light that is being offered. Stay well friends and thank you for watching! This may not be for everyone but it works for me! May you enjoy too! Please subscribe!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/orlaphelanli... (give us a like for up to date post of wellbeing, healing, cleansing and meditation)
The big shift people are going through, some more than others is the shift from 3rd dimensional awareness to fifth dimensional awareness. One way we can describe fifth dimensional awareness is unconditional love. In 3rd dimensional awareness, there is good and bad, judgement, separation from others (I am different to them – head based thinking) and fear based thinking, It is the way we were raised but no longer the smartest way to manage one’s life and can be quite heavy and tiring.
There has been a shift in society and in ourselves. Where as head and fear based being used to be the dominant winning force, now heart based awareness is more powerful and wise.
If yo pare not tapping into and nurturing your heart space it's probably time to give this some thought! If you are, nice one, may you feel the stillness of the now and great energy and wisdom which moves through this portal.
In fifth dimensional awareness there is acceptance of all as is, neither good nor bad, simply mandalas and designs unfolding and usually quite beautifully. If a story doesn’t feel good it is simply not over and hasn’t come to completion yet. In the 5th D is the realisation of the wisdom of the heart centre and that all hearts are part of the one. We pause and listen within rather than react or speak from the patterned responses we’ve grown up familiar with (sometimes referred to as the monkey brain ☺ ).
This pause and turning within replaces the ego fly off the handle reaction, and or the strategy of trying to control or play victim, a survival tool, from our younger years which one’s awareness of now, means you have outgrown. The ego/head will release its desire for control/ manipulation, once it feels really loved. Love helps everything relax. You may expect love or even try and demand it from someone else but truly this self-love must come from oneself! Self-love heals and aligns one with the true centre. The heart soul centre.
This is a profound leap in evolution.
As we move through we tend to go backwards and forwards on this as we make the transition; head heart head heart... Nearly always love and being of service towards yourself and others is the way. Returning to this whenever things feel overwhelming or confusing brings great calm.
In fifth dimension, one is in responsibility for their now, acknowledging that anything that arises is theirs to heal and integrate. One is aware that the conditions of ‘now’ are constantly changing. Life is like a hologram and what shows up in the outer world is showcasing our internal awareness and state of being. Everything we move through is like scenery from a train ride. We do not get too caught up in any outer scenery too much, as we know it will keep changing and is always temporary. We keep more focused on the inner light, and the activities which maintain this, which is where stability comes from. This inner light is your vibration and your perception: The better one feels the higher the vibration and the higher one’s vibration the better one feels. There is one other reason why maintaining and expanding your vibration is very important; the perception of your reality is completely dependant upon it. You only need change your vibration to completely shift how you feel and experience the same situation! A higher vibration brings freedom.
Thank you for checking out this artcile and website.
Peace on EArth. Heaven on EArth.
Everyone is a star. Everyone is a hero. The heroic version of yourself is inside you and it is awakening. It sits in the heart and is aligned with love. It awakens to love and to service. When you seek to awaken the heart be it your own or that of others, you will realize that there is one sacred heart that can be found in all beings. There is one sacred heart, and yet you and each person has their own colour and personality and unique gifts to offer to this world via the sacred heart. The liberated beautiful and brilliant self is one that is aware of the sacred heart. We also call this the inner hero and quite wonderfully, this is who you truly are!
Spiritual Change and Transformation in the Now!
When life gets in a funk, what do you do? Many people are going through challenges at present. As we all know when a challenge comes, we can either drown or become a better swimmer. I’m all for growth and so it’s no surprise that I view challenge as an opportunity to outgrow the old self! As I do I become a more expanded version of myself, more harmonious, conscious and integrated. This is the vision! Here are some of my approaches for dealing with these gorgeous growing pains! Please share and feel free to add your own. Ideas are one of the few things that increase in quantity when shared ?
- I feel it. Whatever it is. I just really feel it, and allow myself to express it in words/ actions/ tears/ music etc. Once I feel it fully, ti begins to move, which is the idea. You don’t want to get stuck with an unpleasant feeling for a long time, it’s not good for your health. So number 1 feel and express however feels natural.
- I remember my core vision of life, that is;
‘Life is always working out for me!’
I view all situations that arise this way. Of course things can suck, but after feeling it a while, I also ponder it from this perspective. That leads me to number 3!
- I bring in my favourite prayer,
‘Thank you for this blessing!'
Take that, pow, you unpleasant feeling, bet you weren’t expecting that. This is a go to statement I use regularly. I find it particularly powerful in the face of atrocity ( or anything that leans this direction!)! Repeat this over and over in the face of something that you cannot see a blessing in and I guarantee you within a few days you will shift, and begin to see the blessing. Guarantee you I say- or your money back :)
- Remember if a situation/ experience doesn’t feel good, the story is not over yet! Sure why not spend a minute or 2 visualising a nice ending and then just let it go. Over time things change, become clearer and often change.
- Choose to embrace patience in your time of growth! This is a MAJOR theme. Patience, people want it now, this minute and get upset that ‘it will never happen,’ Patience dude, things are flowing perfectly quite often so give it time. So what can help with patience!? Well there is a Bach Flower remedy that can help, it’s called Impatiens- get yourself a bottle and take a few drop 5 – 10 times a day, more regularly the more intense it is! If you are having a general hissy/ stress attack get yourself some Rescue Remedy while you are at it. B Complex vitamins decrease stress, take 1-2 in the morning. Magnesium at night time also helps, as does good oils such as Udo’s oil, all available from health stores. Also remember to use your power, using your power usually starts with a choice, ‘I choose to be patient.’ Ponder what that feels like and you’ll get the ball rolling in the right direction!
- Who your main relationship in life is with? Is there a God/ Krishna/ creative power/ love that you relate to? Often there is and one forgets this power in times of challenge. Keep your central relationship centre in your life and it will help keep all in balance and give you strength.
- Use a mantra! This can help quiet the mind. You can use anything from ‘One’ to an affirmation to a sanskrit mantra. I often use,
‘Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Kirishna, Hare Hare,
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama, Rama, Hare Hare.’
Repeat this mantra in your head and out loud. Move your awareness through the body from the crown to the feet repeating your mantra. Then go back and look for where the challenge/ emotions sit on the body. Repeat the mantra in this place and it will take you from the story back into to the present moment.
- Every day do something good for yourself and bring goodness to others. Help yourself and help someone somehow. This brings lots of good energy.
- Remember that life is made up of seasons and cycles. There is rest time, process emotion time, it’s okay to do nothing time, it’s time to get off your ass time, it’s time to put away the childish toys time, time for action, time for celebrating…!
- Remember your passion and give it some time even 10 – 15 minutes. Draw a picture with a pen and paper, make up a melody, sing a song, make something, sew something and if you don’t ‘have a passion, just do something that makes you feel good for even a few minutes. You’ll get pleasure from it and it will get you back into your authentic self and centre! Great!
- Focus on the breath for 3 breaths as often as you can. Use the stomach muscles to take three breaths. Push the muscles in and out peacefully, drawing the breath in and out. Viola!
- Give the delight meditatin a go. If you feel like more than the three breaths, Click here! for a light yet powerful deeper favourite meditaiton of mine!
- What do you appreciate right now!? Shift the focus. Click here for more!
- Not matter how rough tough it feels, remember this too will pass. Whatever it is, wonderful or temporary, if it's in the outer world, it will come and it will go! The question is how smooth do you wish it to be as you move through it!? All the above points will help smoothen the path.
Hope this helps! Just give one a try and drop me a line if you’d like any more info on these approaches. I’d also love to hear what you do, so please share!
An amazing opportunity is here!
Wouls you like to join in on the early days of a great dance meditation journey.
Experience electronic music, breath work, movement, chakra sounds, harmony and fun!
No experience required you are perfect as you are!
For more info Click here!
Hi, are you interested in giving your personal, spiritual and all round life development some extra focus and a boost?
Would you like help shifting to a more harmonious place with something in your life? Would you like to do this weekly from the comfort of your own home via Skype?
Starting with Level 1 of The Soul's Goals (Level 1 -5) we will meet online each Wednesday evening for three weeks.
Dates are the 7th, 14th and 21st of September for completion of Level 1.
Please feel free to share and get in contact if this is of interest. A free skype call is available to chat about the content and answer any questions.
Thank you, Orla
Collaborating with Love may not be easy but can work WONDERS!
It shifts us from 'me me me' to serving and serving is definitely a way to being in the flow. We are here for each other and to serve and support each other and when we head away from that the ride is not so smooth.
There is a flow and it impulses us to give and receive so that the flow can move through all. It has no hands except for ours and so impulses us to share and recieve in certain moments.
When this inner awareness is awake, life flows effortlessly! When we ignore it though the rides seems to get bumpy and it becomes harder to recognize it.
Collaborating and surrendering to love also enables us to break out of sticky patterns of behavior and conditioning to free flow in the now with higher consciousness. Yes our identity changes, in a good way. We don't have to be the way our parents were, or soceity were or how we used to be, instead we can use this guide to rewrite our software anew and thus direct our lives into greater harmony.
It also reflects the shift in consciousness that we as a group are experiencing;
that we are separate, many billions of different people with different thoughts and conditioning running around the planet in a bit of a chaotic, competitive and destructive manner
considering that we are all part of one being.
There is a higher consciousness that can be picked up by all minds, like a radio station that can be heard as one steps out of 'me me me' to lovingly serving. It is up to each individual to voluntarily choose to align with this loving consciousness wavelength, and give and receive as it lovingly impulses us to do so. The more we listen the easier it is to hear and feel it. The less we follow it, often the harder it is to hear it.
How do you know if you are in the mind or in the energy of love?
Are you are thinking a lot? Naming things right and wrong? Is the mind feeling tired and irritated? You might be stuck in the head and benefit from moving focus to the heart space. How do we move into the heart space? There are many ways. One is to do more of what you love. Another is to choose to collaborate with love.
Literally focus on your heart. You can also affirm and feel, 'I am love,' and consciously choose to collaborate with love in your reality. Return to this choice and feeling regularly during the day and see how things unfold, If you exercise/dance/ cook focus on it and see how it feels. What would love like to say through you? To whom? What actions does it inspire in you? Does it inspire to give something to someone? To receive something graciously!?
The mind relaxes when I choose love and feel love in the mind! The mind is actually a servant of the heart. Trouble arises when the mind thinks that it is in control and has to maintain control. It is not able to do this and stress arises. It is a natural evolution for all to align more and more with love consciousness.
If the mind is getting angry/ going crazy/too active for comfort, it is highly recommend to practice the above for 3 minutes or even 3 breaths at a time. Feel love in your heart. Love the mind, affirm 'I am love,' and see what happen!
Till next time,
Loving you :)
Being going through a rough spell!?
Sometimes this happens. The journey has many aspects to it, up hill, down hill, rough terrain, sunny days and so on... after all it is a journey :)
Simply have to go through this time/this scenery, but how we respond to it is totally up to us.
It may feel rough sometimes but instead of complaining and screaming (because you can -and often people think that because they can that they should!) you can choose to allow love to move through you.
Easier said than done I know but it starts with choice. You can choose how to respond to the rough terrain of your journey. Remember that it is temporary, that it will pass and that everything is actually okay. I choose to approach this moment through love or harmony or humour or...! I dare myself to turn a challenge on it's head and be in gratitude!
If resistance arises I know my ego is being triggered! There is an attachment to a story that my mind is projecting onto present day situations. Life is always here to help us.
This can happen to us all. It is interesting to recognise it in the moment, and ask what is this story, when is the first time in my life this type of story arose? How can I handle this differently?...
Breathing calmly for one minute as often as you remember works wonders too...
Strangely enough no matter what the story, if I can break it down to this very moment I realise that in this very moment everything is actually okay.
It is not about avoiding the crisis(rough terrain), it's more about learning to navigate through it. This makes ALL the difference. Meditation, healing and any activities that help us feel good support this while also imbuing us with good energy on a daily basis. This is where 's where a daily practice of prayer/ exercise/ meditation/ the soul's goals can work wonders!
So whether the terrain is easy or challenging I invite you to get into some form of daily practice, even if it is 5 minutes of breathing calmly while sitting on your bed before you get up.
The new Earth is here. The terrain can be rough at times, but it does get easier and can be really enjoyable! There is love everywhere and we are supported by life.
Get yourself into a daily practice it will make you feel great about yourself! And if it gets really rough call in a healer/ therapist/ friend- sure that's why we are here!
Everyone passes through rough terrain at various points but one can learn to recognise it, not get sucked into the drama of it and respond from a place of ease and knowing that everything is temporary and that life is actually helping them somehow. Here's to surrender, to seeing the gift in all situations, and to compassion for each other.
We are not alone, we are all One and here to serve each other xXx
And as my Yogi tea Bag says this morning, the art of happiness is to serve all <3