Am here in lovely London, and yes really and honestly it is lovely here!
After a great experience of a 30 hour kirtan in Birmingham (they call it a 24 hour kirtan but I left to get the train after 30 hours so who knows how long it actually went on for!? A big thank you to everyone who helped organised a great festival and gave so freely. Can you believe that was not 1 penny charged to attend this gathering though donations were gratefully received! Still, that makes it pretty inviting for many, and many there were with over 1600 registered and I believe many donations were also received!
What it involved:
30 hours of continuous kirtan, that is singing of the Maha mantra to many different melodies in a call and response manner. The Maha mantra is considered the great mantra, it contains the energy of all mantras within it. Various singers from around the world and UK turned up to lead 30 minute to 2 hour sessions with a large group of wonderful musicians. Over two days people sang and danced and all of us were fed four lovely meals each day too!
I love singing this mantra. It connects one deep into the heart space where a sweet feeling of love arises and permeates my mind and being.
Through kirtan there is a call and response where a 'leader' sings the Maha mantra and everyone responds and sings the mantra with the same melody.
It's a real journey of emotion and depth. While I sing, I find major things moving through my awareness especially my family, friends, past and even future experiences.
People were advised to sleep in a hotel but I decided to brave it and sleep at the hall! I lay down with a blanket and somehow managed to sleep quite comfortably right beside the kirtan players. At this stage the number had gone from about 900 in the busiest moment to 20! I awoke early and sat up immediately and very happily joined back in!
Through the 2nd day I entered deeper into the present moment, the presence of love and the presence and love of the creator.
I am ever grateful for this experience. If you'd like to give it a go, look for a kirtan group near where you live. In Dublin and London there is kirtan weekly at the Hare Krishna Temples as well as in other places.
Personally I love (as you can probably tell!) and highly recommend it. Allow the sound to move through your heart! Give it a try if you feel the calling!
The Maha Mantra:
'Haribol' means chant and be happy as this is what chanting is said to do for you- make you feel happier! A pretty nice outcome!
Meanwhile this week, I am in London checking out opportunities, spending time with my sister and offering one to one healing and soul's goals sessions.
Back to Ireland next Monday evening, with healing sessions taking place Tuesday and Friday at the Harvest Moon Centre, Dublin 2
Irish number: 00 353 872320159
English number: 00 44 7435816809
I welcome you to get in contact whereever you are as in addition to being in Londond nad Dublin am also working with other locations via skype!
Wishing you peace and happiness,
Thank you and Haribol!
March 20th 2016 Equinox!
I woke up this morning with a feeling of delight. As someone who loves that feeling, it was and always is especially welcome. A smile on a dial I hoped out of bed. 5 hours sleep must be enough for today because I feel wide awake and alert!
I lit the fire I had prepared with fallen twigs from the surrounding trees the night before. A few hours later just before my run I lay down on my bed for 5 minutes. This is something I love but rarely do! 3 hours later or so I woke up! The trip I’d been planning on making to Dublin among other things no longer possible, but I knew it was fine and needed to happen and so I let go and got on with it. I retired back to the fire where I watched a bit of a movie and then felt massively drawn to go outside to the beach at the lake where I live. The sun was out about an hour before setting and the sky was true blue. A beautiful evening. To my surprise there were two people talking exactly in the place I had felt drawn to. Being a small local community here I knew both of them with one of them even being a guest at my house! Talk about small world!
I joined them and sat down on the dry pebble ground. One headed off and silence arose. Beautiful silence. A photographer who had found this heavenly location further down the lake bank sat also in silenc, all three of us listening to the birds taking in and being part of this vision. I once said to a friend that I didn’t know what to do when faced with something really beautiful, he said to enjoy it is our job and is enough! I am now a great enjoyer of good things and it wonderful.
I didn’t touch my phone during the grand show of the sunset so these are from after sunset and earlier in the day too. I’m really glad life can be so beautiful and amaze us time and time again. ‘That is the most beautiful view I’ve ever seen,’ I said more than a few times this week. So glad the divine blows the mind with beauty amid what has been a challenging time for many and a time of change for all.
I too have been growing and moving into a more balanced approach to living- quite fitting for the equinox where we are experiencing equal hours of night and day. Have you been calling out for more balance in your life? Can you see it coming into play?
I’ve been a bit whacked needing a bit more sleep these past few days too. An energetic person who often goes without sleep I am delighted to be able to enjoy some rest. New times are presenting themselves. If you feel the call within, please listen, whether it be to rest or bring more balance into your life for greater harmony and happiness.
I hope this finds you well and blesses the dreams and projects you are soulfully passionate about with extra divine energy. I alsopray that any shadow parts or unpleasant aspects receive the blessings of understanding/ forgiveness/ compassion and acceptance. We are evolving. May we relax into the place where everything is okay and working out for us. This is a powerful year and for many an intense time. This is a reminder to:
- Rest as you need it.
- Be conscious of the thoughts, words and actions that move through you. Use a go to mantra such as ‘I am feeling peace’ to direct the rambling mind and reconnect to the heart.
- Clear your space. Start with one drawer or cabinet, whereever appeals to you the most. Over the next few weeks keep going to include the bedroom, living room, kitchen and beyond inclduing car and garden. Clear one little space at a time for new things are coming and it is time to make space for them.
Wishing you peace, love, clarity and courage, Orla
Roll up roll up a new wave has arrived! Have you noticed a shift in energy over the past week?
Have you noticed:
- A greater appreciation for certain people and events?
- A recognition of gifts both past and present that have come to you?
- A calmer state of being descending on all your activities?
For those that have made changes and grown recently even calmer times are arising. With it I cannot help but be reminded of people, place, things and experiences that I am continuously feeling more appreciation for. Good people especially. Sometimes you might think something is just ok until you experience something worse and are like that that first thing was actually much better than I gave it credit for!
Make a list of things you appreciate and give one or two or even more a lot of focus and see what happens.
More harmony baby is here :)
For those who haven't made changes but may be feeling called to making some, this is a reminder that after a while it does get easier! Listen within and look around you. Stay out of the incessant thinking head (this is not healthy). It is by being present and breathing conscisouly that answers will come and things/clues/guidance stand out for you.
I recently started on another cleanse. as this stage they are like second nature and not being on a cleanse has come more of a novelty than being on a cleanse! I love feeling well and it just becomes a natural happy way of life after a while. But I also enjoy throwing it all up in the air every now and then and seeing how things settle. Regularly at least twice a year I get the calling and so here I am again: Entering cleanse time!
My normal cleanse routine is written about a fair bit on this website. It includes taking the herbs as recommended by Dr Hulda Clark; wormwood, cloves and walnut hull tincture and two amino acids which support energy, rest and rejuvenation. These are taken for 4 -6 weeks in association with an alternative diet. The diet requires no sugar, dairy, wheat, white potatoes, white rice, yeast, mushrooms, fruit and honey.
This time I'm designing a cleanse to suit my needs. The first question I asked myself yesterday was,
Why am I doing/committing to this cleanse?
For everyone the answer is different and there is no right or wrong, but I believe the answer is essential for finding one's motivation and to help enjoy the experience as much as possible.
I am doing this cleanse as I feel these practices will bring out the best in me and support a leap in awareness and reality that I feel is being offered to everyone this month. Do I have to give up sugar to do this? I hear myself ask. No I don't have to, but it will help take me to the next level in a good way - I can just feel it, so let's give it a go!
Here is what I feel excited and guided to do. Daily I will:
- Be/ Walk/ rum/ play in nature for 1 hours
- Practice Jala Neti http://orlaphelan.com/cleanse/netti-pot
- Practice 30 minutes of yoga
- Eliminate all processed sugar from diet (honey and fruit are allowable)
- Eliminate diary/ wheat/ minimize gluten
- Take the 3 in 1 ClarkFx as old on this website Click here to purchase/ for more info
That's it for now!
Mid month feedback:
So today is the 13th and here is a bit of feedback for you. Giving up sugar has been great, it's not been that difficult (due to honey and fruit) and today I feel very well. Any discipline may take a few days or weeks to adapt to. I am loving the hour in nature each day. My center feels settled and I can return to feel this with greater ease. My mind feels sharper, energy level higher, emotional state today is excellent- peaceful, happy and content. I've been enjoying my special super tonic every morning- will blog on that next. Cut down on quantity of food (naturally) and joyful that there are another few weeks to see what happens. Maybe i'll even finish the project I'm working on!?
It's a big cleanse month for many, so good luck to all. May there be clarity as to why and may you be well guided and enjoy the journey and results. Much love, Orla
Every 6 months or so I do a cleanse. I keeps me well and deepens the peace and happiness.
I started cleansing for purely physical improvements; skin, digestive issues, low energy, emotional imbalance and sadness were all knocking on my door and becoming too much to carry. Today I still receive a physical and emotional boost, but I also really notice how patterns of behaviour and spiritual insight become clearer in the space and some positive shift occurs.
4 weeks ago I hoped on board the most recent cleanse train.
The last few cleanses over the past few years have been fairly easy and I thought this one would be too... Make the decision, just do it and enjoy every day as much as possible. How hard can it be!?
What does this cleanse involve?
1. Herbs to clear parasites, bugs and waste out of the body
2. Certain amino acids to help you heal, rejuvenate, sleep more deeply, cleanse toxins out of the body and provide additional energy to make up for caffeine and sweet things.
3. Eliminate certain foods from the diet. These include: sugar, fruit, honey, wheat, dairy, white potatoes, white rice and yeast.
4. Eating well. A cleanse is more about what you can have than what you can’t have. For many this requires a major shift to eating patterns. Grains like brown rice, quinoa and pasta made from brown rice and vegetables can be enjoyed along with lots of fresh vegetables, meat, fish, tofu, salads, soups, casseroles and curry dishes. There are loads of menu ideas and options available. Raw nuts and goat cheese became good friends. Almond butter is a delicious treat, roasted sweet potato wedges a sure fix for a low blood sugar, green smoothies a must for vitality and energy.
- It was easy for the first 10 days!
- Then I had cravings arise. You need to eat well on a cleanse, if you are hungry it can feel quite difficult. A varied healthy diet with good meals and a supply of snacks to bring with you just in case such as nuts and seeds, hummus and cucumber really helps.
- I found a need and desire for a massive amount of nuts, and following eating quite a lot of mixed almond, cashew, walnut and brazil nuts that I felt satisfied and my blood sugar rebalanced itself!
- After about 3 weeks, things which weren’t that sweet before began to taste much sweeter! Tomatoes deliciously sweet, raw cashews too. The taste buds are reawakened and all food tastes nicer and is more easily satisfying. This was a great moment as I really felt the desire for sugar go. I was about 14 days into the cleanse when I started getting visions of 99’s, cakes, cappuccino, and stuff I’d not even normally be thinking of arise in my mind, calling me! I had to ask the question, what part of me is calling for this food? A good cleanse stops feeding bugs, kills them and removes them, cleanses the intestines and provides energy and healing support.
- About 3 weeks into the cleanse, I also noticed that I didn’t require as much sleep as I had prior. It went from about 8 to 7 hours- quite a result as I like to live fully and rest well!
How it feels now after four weeks:
I feel wonderful! Within a day of starting the cleanse I noticed the benefits. I feel amazing right now and much clearer and more energised. I see it not just for the physical health benefits which I welcomed, but also for the spiritual evolution and life shift which occurs through this clearing. I noticed my head space much quieter and clearer too. I made the decision, and with it, I wasn’t thinking about what café I could go to or sweet treat I could have! People fear that this may make life dull and boring, but it doesn’t. You move into another gear and new energy gets liberated. Of course for many it is no big deal and they eat like this every day naturally. For others it is a big change. It took four weeks to the day for my final 'leap' to ooccur. With it I felt a new level of inner light and presence. It has facilitated positive inner development you could say. I am feeling better and way more in tune, even though I felt pretty good before it started.
Some tips if you are thinking about it:
- If you are going to go for it, make a clear decision. Put a timeline on it, write and state it out loud. The minimum is four weeks and some people may need longer.
- Get a list of foods you can eat and recipe ideas (available upon request and online) and start preparing and imagining straight away.
- Purchase the new foods and integrate them into your normal diet.
- Set a date with a transition time of 4-5 days at the beginning. This means that you aim to eat only cleanse friendly foods but if something gets in or you get stuck etc. it is ok. It is to help the mind and body adjust. Start taking the amino acids but hold back on the herbs until you feel really ready.
- Eat or clear the food in your home that is non-cleanse friendly. Out of sight – out of home! Make it as easy as possible to succeed.
- Keep a note book of how you feel, each day makes notes and mark how you feel out of 10, energy, clarity etc. Note your dreams too. Physical cleansing also brings with it emotional release and healing. It's not important to remember your dreams but it may be interesting.
- Observe yourself. Talk to yourself like a loving mother and father. Tell yourself that you are doing great. You can do it. Believe in yourself. Project forward and imagine how great you will be feeling when it's completed! Be proud of yourself.
- Enjoy all the lovely new foods you can eat.
- Cleanse with a friend or friends if you can for support and enjoyable combined meal making. It makes it more fun, supportive, interesting and your friends will thank you in the years to come!
- Go to health restaurants and enjoy a nice meal out that is tailored to your needs. Most health restaurants cater for this type of diet.
- Eat organic as much as you can! The additional health benefits, nutrition and taste will only make life even more enjoyable for you.
- Just do it, a bit of a cleanse is better than none, and the next one will probably be easier :) start where you are at and go with it.
Og Mandino, whose book is available for free to read here, Links to interesting and possibly life changing free reading material! says that man is a slave to his habits and with this knowledge should consciously create positive habits that serve him and the world. This cleanse is a gift. It is an opportunity to consciously make great habits that make you feel happier, healthier and good about yourself. For I it helped create a new equilibrium. I will enjoy this and every day and aim to honour what foods my body calls out for and at the same time not worry too much for in six months I'll be doing it or something similar all over again!
Cleanse herbs area available from the website , either in a handy all in one bottle for children adults and pets, Click here for direct link to shop, or as separate herbs as recommend by Dr Hulda Clark Click here to purchase 5 product cleanse. Wishing you great radiant health, love, Orla
Hi friends and new visitors! Welcome!
Here is a little video I made on Wednesday the 24th of June 2015 just after the summer solstice here in Ireland. Hope you get something from it!
It is helpful for increasing the feel good factor! Close your eyes, sit back and give it a go morning and night for 10 to 40 days and see how this impacts you! Less than 10 minutes this is enough to make a difference in one's life. Observe and make of an note of what shows up in your day to day life as you practice this! :) I'd love your feedback and please share if there are any other meditations/ info that you would like to hear more about. Click here to do direct to youtube Watch video direct on Youtube
Peace & love, Orla
18th May 2015:
10 days ago I headed off on a mini retreat, a living retreat really. Feeling deeply thankful and grounded right now. Spent the past 10 days in the UK and am so grateful for the fullness of these experiences. Started with a wonderful plane ride from Dublin to a 24 hour kirtan in Brimingham with about 300- 500 people singing, chanting, dancing and meditating. Just amazing, there are no words for the love which surges through in these experiences. At one stage on the Saturday night while dancing and signing, I felt two portals in my brain open and this energy shoot through into other parts of my mind! The mana of ecstatic bliss! In a time when the world needs love and gentleness and we blossom so beautifully in such a true place of love and light, these gatherings whether large or small are priceless and dear to this being. My heart is overflowing with gratitude to those who create these events, and to those I meet along the way, such beloved souls that there is nothing but gratitude, deep love, appreciation and something else I do not have the words to express. So sweet. Thank youto the special people I met and connected with.
Thissmile emoticThiThis incredible journey then continued to London where I stayed with my amazing sister whose kindness and generosity is beautifully limitless. Following a day of progress and good work, took the train to Brighton where I spent 4 days and 3 nights catching up with my dear friend Chantelle from New Zealand, while working during the day and chatting and catching up morning and night. Such friendships are the gifts that keep on giving. Complete open conversation and connection with another is such a joyous experience, its not about agreeing with each other, but rather about being clear and open and coming from love regardless of what is being said. Such beautiful experiences and conversations can occur this way.
Back in London I got to catch up with some clients who have evolved so gloriously over the past few years and especially over the past 6 months that I feel like putting them on television so others can gain from their experiences and brilliance! Of course it's not always easy when you are evolving, but having some guidance, practices and awareness really helps! Such grand appreciation dear life.
A lovely weekend full of ease, productivity and peace followed with my sister and nephew! What a blessed 10 day experience mama Earth. I feel so very subtly transformed! Thank you for taking such care of I as I journey, and I haven't included so many other things such as gifted special encounters with lovely people and expanding awareness.
This morning I had a dream before I awoke where I was 2 years old. I had similar clarity to now but didn't understand other people or how the world worked. Why weren't people always kind!? Why didn't they tell the truth, why did they 'hurt'!? I recalled and re-experienced an event that occurred at that age that my conscious mind had forgotten. I felt a hurt from that event in the dream that when I awoke I could still feel very subtly in my adult body. Since this morning I've been transforming it into light and love & am feeling very well! I am so grateful for the unexpected gifts of awareness and abundance that continue to unfold. I'm offering this moment to energetically and physically thank and acknowledge life and the wonderful kind souls who helped make this trip something truly special. I will share this joy. Peace and love brothers and sisters, love you, X
Can you locate pain or discomfort anywhere on your body? Can you focus on it with light and love like a magnifying glass focusing sunlight?
Remember to treat others with honesty, integrity and loving kindness, even if they are just two years old. There may be much more going on in people than we often realise :)
Anything you are thankful for right now? Would love you to write us a note below and share :)
Hi and good day to you dear :)
Here is a video introducing you to my first meal of the day. One I truly love and that is super satisfying and enjoyable.
I also love to add spinach leaves and apple or pear to the blender :) If you dont have a blender, this is very easy to create.
Leave any comments below. May you also enjoy!
The term highly sensitive person (HSP) is used to describe 10 - 20% of the population who are more sensitive than the average person.
This sensitivity can be seen externally in various ways:
- emotional, for example gets deeply upset from criticism
- physical, responds to certain foods with intolerance such as headaches, migraine, skin problems...
- mental, finds it hard to think in new company or certain vibes and environments, for example loud places or people can feel uncomfortable
In the link below there is an audio talk by specialist, Elaine Aron, on "highly sensitive people". It is a lovely talk and well worth the listen if this is a theme in your life or someone you know. Here is some of what she has to say:
Your trait is normal. It is found in 15 to 20% of the population–too many to be a disorder, but not enough to be well understood by the majority of those around you. It is innate. In fact, biologists have found it in over 100 species (and probably there are many more) from fruit flies, birds, and fish to dogs, cats, horses, and primates.
This trait reflects a certain type of survival strategy, being observant before acting. The brains of highly sensitive persons (HSPs) actually work a little differently than others'.You are more aware than others of subtleties. This is mainly because your brain processes information and reflects on it more deeply. So even if you wear glasses, for example, you see more than others by noticing more.
You are also more easily overwhelmed. If you notice everything, you are naturally going to be overstimulated when things are too intense, complex, chaotic, or novel for a long time.
This trait is not a new discovery, but it has been misunderstood. Because HSPs prefer to look before entering new situations, they are often called "shy." But shyness is learned, not innate. In fact, 30% of HSPs are extraverts, although the trait is often mislabeled as introversion. It has also been called inhibitedness, fearfulness, or neuroticism. Some HSPs behave in these ways, but it is not innate to do so and not the basic trait.
Sensitivity is valued differently in different cultures. In cultures where it is not valued, HSPs tend to have low self-esteem. They are told "don't be so sensitive" so that they feel abnormal.
I have been highly sensitive all my life. I have learned various ways to deal with this
from altering my diet, to meditation to changing my lifestyle to cleansing to spiritually awakening. It has been my crux and my guide and I am forever grateful.
This is an invite to anyone who resonates with this to meet in March and share our gifts, insights and create a nurturing and healthy environment where we can comfortably support each other and thrive. It is for people of all ages including children.
It will take form as a social morning from 11am to 1pm on Saturday the 28tth or March at Clifton House in Dublin City.
Share stories and your various ways of managing this beautiful state of being!
Please drop me a note or call and come along if this of interest :)
5- 15 euro donation or whatever feels right.
Here is a video introducing some basics on meditation.
Any approach to calming oneself can be helpful.
There are many ways one can go about this.
Here is a simple guide to one of my favorite, quick and yet super powerful meditations.
Experiment with this daily in the morning (and at night if you will) for 10 minutes or longer.
Observe how your days unfold :)
vid not working? click here for link!