What is a cleanse you might ask!?
Well what I am referring to is a (gasp!) parasite cleanse! You bet, a clear out of the body of unwated invaders who rob you of energy and depress the immune system.
What are the symptoms of having parasites!?
Some people feel them inside crawling around!
Some people see them in the toilet! I know-
But did you know that most are microscopic so can't be seen?
And what is an infection such as a cold or flu but a bacteria or virus living off your energy! (The cheek of them!)
No matter what my health I aim to do two cleanses yearly with one being a 'strict cleanse!'
For I, this means taking cleansing herbs and eating a pure diet that is free of sugar, honey, fruit, wheat, dairy, fresh mushroom, yeast, white rice and white potatoes!
This is a cleanse for the body, mind and spirit.
Changes will happen when you do this. Every time I cleanse something majorly positive happens! I am delightfully watching around me for good things these days!
Of course it's work, and takes discipline, that is part of the cleanse. But wow it is worth it and what a gift to yourself.
When you see how much better a car works that gets serviced each year you'll also feel more inclined to give yourself a service yearly and encourage those you love to do the same!
What happens on a cleanse?
Well expect some angst, as you move through the sugar/ coffee addiction - sorry did I mention, no wine or caffeine either- but imagine how proud of yourself you'll feel!
Your skin will start glowing with health, become clearer and even though you can eat as much as you like, the weight tends to fall off too! One of my current clients has lost 10 kilos in the past 3 week and reports that she looks 10 years younger! Not bad at all. The digestive system needs to move daily as you rid your body of die-off and old matter- a really good thing to do! I noticed this year that I had (another gasp!) a layer of fat over my tummy! Well that disappeared too! (applause!)
Last night I dreamt of a a parasite in my body being killed! Boom and gone- well maybe I did have one and not know, but hey according to me dream it's gone!
What I'd like to do is share with you this as an option to not just regain health but to also super boost yourself. You deserve it! Every year we can actually get better and better! Don't take on the aging story and instead choose to become more and more your optimal, true and happy self. It sure is more of a journey than destination but is a lovely journey with many feel good stop off view points along the way.It feels so amazing to be going a feel-good direction!
It helps if you have your partner/ family join you on it (within reason) though is not necessary. Imagine how proud you would all feel of yourselves!
My friend, Rafael who is staying with me at the moment joined me, together we shopped, made tasty healthy meals, juices and supported each other. That support was priceless!
Click here for more information http://orlaphelan.com/cleanse/herbal-products
I understand this may not be for everyone and the herbs are not advised to be taken when pregnant or lactating - but if this does call you - maybe now is the time!? The benefits can be so wonderful.
Hey and if you send me an email, I'll happily also send you my cleanse booklet with a list of foods you can eat with meal and snack ideas!
Bon Appetito Amigos!
One more thing, a cleanse is also a wonderful time for reflection. As the cravings go, more space opens up. Allow yourself daily or as often as possible to sit and look at highs, lows and whatever comes to mind. Declutter, reflect and enjoy this space. Wishing you every happiness and every success.
Every 6 months or so I do a cleanse. I keeps me well and deepens the peace and happiness.
I started cleansing for purely physical improvements; skin, digestive issues, low energy, emotional imbalance and sadness were all knocking on my door and becoming too much to carry. Today I still receive a physical and emotional boost, but I also really notice how patterns of behaviour and spiritual insight become clearer in the space and some positive shift occurs.
4 weeks ago I hoped on board the most recent cleanse train.
The last few cleanses over the past few years have been fairly easy and I thought this one would be too... Make the decision, just do it and enjoy every day as much as possible. How hard can it be!?
What does this cleanse involve?
1. Herbs to clear parasites, bugs and waste out of the body
2. Certain amino acids to help you heal, rejuvenate, sleep more deeply, cleanse toxins out of the body and provide additional energy to make up for caffeine and sweet things.
3. Eliminate certain foods from the diet. These include: sugar, fruit, honey, wheat, dairy, white potatoes, white rice and yeast.
4. Eating well. A cleanse is more about what you can have than what you can’t have. For many this requires a major shift to eating patterns. Grains like brown rice, quinoa and pasta made from brown rice and vegetables can be enjoyed along with lots of fresh vegetables, meat, fish, tofu, salads, soups, casseroles and curry dishes. There are loads of menu ideas and options available. Raw nuts and goat cheese became good friends. Almond butter is a delicious treat, roasted sweet potato wedges a sure fix for a low blood sugar, green smoothies a must for vitality and energy.
- It was easy for the first 10 days!
- Then I had cravings arise. You need to eat well on a cleanse, if you are hungry it can feel quite difficult. A varied healthy diet with good meals and a supply of snacks to bring with you just in case such as nuts and seeds, hummus and cucumber really helps.
- I found a need and desire for a massive amount of nuts, and following eating quite a lot of mixed almond, cashew, walnut and brazil nuts that I felt satisfied and my blood sugar rebalanced itself!
- After about 3 weeks, things which weren’t that sweet before began to taste much sweeter! Tomatoes deliciously sweet, raw cashews too. The taste buds are reawakened and all food tastes nicer and is more easily satisfying. This was a great moment as I really felt the desire for sugar go. I was about 14 days into the cleanse when I started getting visions of 99’s, cakes, cappuccino, and stuff I’d not even normally be thinking of arise in my mind, calling me! I had to ask the question, what part of me is calling for this food? A good cleanse stops feeding bugs, kills them and removes them, cleanses the intestines and provides energy and healing support.
- About 3 weeks into the cleanse, I also noticed that I didn’t require as much sleep as I had prior. It went from about 8 to 7 hours- quite a result as I like to live fully and rest well!
How it feels now after four weeks:
I feel wonderful! Within a day of starting the cleanse I noticed the benefits. I feel amazing right now and much clearer and more energised. I see it not just for the physical health benefits which I welcomed, but also for the spiritual evolution and life shift which occurs through this clearing. I noticed my head space much quieter and clearer too. I made the decision, and with it, I wasn’t thinking about what café I could go to or sweet treat I could have! People fear that this may make life dull and boring, but it doesn’t. You move into another gear and new energy gets liberated. Of course for many it is no big deal and they eat like this every day naturally. For others it is a big change. It took four weeks to the day for my final 'leap' to ooccur. With it I felt a new level of inner light and presence. It has facilitated positive inner development you could say. I am feeling better and way more in tune, even though I felt pretty good before it started.
Some tips if you are thinking about it:
- If you are going to go for it, make a clear decision. Put a timeline on it, write and state it out loud. The minimum is four weeks and some people may need longer.
- Get a list of foods you can eat and recipe ideas (available upon request and online) and start preparing and imagining straight away.
- Purchase the new foods and integrate them into your normal diet.
- Set a date with a transition time of 4-5 days at the beginning. This means that you aim to eat only cleanse friendly foods but if something gets in or you get stuck etc. it is ok. It is to help the mind and body adjust. Start taking the amino acids but hold back on the herbs until you feel really ready.
- Eat or clear the food in your home that is non-cleanse friendly. Out of sight – out of home! Make it as easy as possible to succeed.
- Keep a note book of how you feel, each day makes notes and mark how you feel out of 10, energy, clarity etc. Note your dreams too. Physical cleansing also brings with it emotional release and healing. It's not important to remember your dreams but it may be interesting.
- Observe yourself. Talk to yourself like a loving mother and father. Tell yourself that you are doing great. You can do it. Believe in yourself. Project forward and imagine how great you will be feeling when it's completed! Be proud of yourself.
- Enjoy all the lovely new foods you can eat.
- Cleanse with a friend or friends if you can for support and enjoyable combined meal making. It makes it more fun, supportive, interesting and your friends will thank you in the years to come!
- Go to health restaurants and enjoy a nice meal out that is tailored to your needs. Most health restaurants cater for this type of diet.
- Eat organic as much as you can! The additional health benefits, nutrition and taste will only make life even more enjoyable for you.
- Just do it, a bit of a cleanse is better than none, and the next one will probably be easier :) start where you are at and go with it.
Og Mandino, whose book is available for free to read here, Links to interesting and possibly life changing free reading material! says that man is a slave to his habits and with this knowledge should consciously create positive habits that serve him and the world. This cleanse is a gift. It is an opportunity to consciously make great habits that make you feel happier, healthier and good about yourself. For I it helped create a new equilibrium. I will enjoy this and every day and aim to honour what foods my body calls out for and at the same time not worry too much for in six months I'll be doing it or something similar all over again!
Cleanse herbs area available from the website , either in a handy all in one bottle for children adults and pets, Click here for direct link to shop, or as separate herbs as recommend by Dr Hulda Clark Click here to purchase 5 product cleanse. Wishing you great radiant health, love, Orla