Being going through a rough spell!?
Sometimes this happens. The journey has many aspects to it, up hill, down hill, rough terrain, sunny days and so on... after all it is a journey :)
Simply have to go through this time/this scenery, but how we respond to it is totally up to us.
It may feel rough sometimes but instead of complaining and screaming (because you can -and often people think that because they can that they should!) you can choose to allow love to move through you.
Easier said than done I know but it starts with choice. You can choose how to respond to the rough terrain of your journey. Remember that it is temporary, that it will pass and that everything is actually okay. I choose to approach this moment through love or harmony or humour or...! I dare myself to turn a challenge on it's head and be in gratitude!
If resistance arises I know my ego is being triggered! There is an attachment to a story that my mind is projecting onto present day situations. Life is always here to help us.
This can happen to us all. It is interesting to recognise it in the moment, and ask what is this story, when is the first time in my life this type of story arose? How can I handle this differently?...
Breathing calmly for one minute as often as you remember works wonders too...
Strangely enough no matter what the story, if I can break it down to this very moment I realise that in this very moment everything is actually okay.
It is not about avoiding the crisis(rough terrain), it's more about learning to navigate through it. This makes ALL the difference. Meditation, healing and any activities that help us feel good support this while also imbuing us with good energy on a daily basis. This is where 's where a daily practice of prayer/ exercise/ meditation/ the soul's goals can work wonders!
So whether the terrain is easy or challenging I invite you to get into some form of daily practice, even if it is 5 minutes of breathing calmly while sitting on your bed before you get up.
The new Earth is here. The terrain can be rough at times, but it does get easier and can be really enjoyable! There is love everywhere and we are supported by life.
Get yourself into a daily practice it will make you feel great about yourself! And if it gets really rough call in a healer/ therapist/ friend- sure that's why we are here!
Everyone passes through rough terrain at various points but one can learn to recognise it, not get sucked into the drama of it and respond from a place of ease and knowing that everything is temporary and that life is actually helping them somehow. Here's to surrender, to seeing the gift in all situations, and to compassion for each other.
We are not alone, we are all One and here to serve each other xXx
And as my Yogi tea Bag says this morning, the art of happiness is to serve all <3
Hi This is yoru invite to a unique opportunity to practise some amazing and feel good chants with Kevin James of Bali.
It's going to be fun and we'd love to see you,
Here's the link to the event https://www.facebook.com/orlaphelanlight/
Please check it out and come join us for the full day or even just half a day- All welcome!
Am here in lovely London, and yes really and honestly it is lovely here!
After a great experience of a 30 hour kirtan in Birmingham (they call it a 24 hour kirtan but I left to get the train after 30 hours so who knows how long it actually went on for!? A big thank you to everyone who helped organised a great festival and gave so freely. Can you believe that was not 1 penny charged to attend this gathering though donations were gratefully received! Still, that makes it pretty inviting for many, and many there were with over 1600 registered and I believe many donations were also received!
What it involved:
30 hours of continuous kirtan, that is singing of the Maha mantra to many different melodies in a call and response manner. The Maha mantra is considered the great mantra, it contains the energy of all mantras within it. Various singers from around the world and UK turned up to lead 30 minute to 2 hour sessions with a large group of wonderful musicians. Over two days people sang and danced and all of us were fed four lovely meals each day too!
I love singing this mantra. It connects one deep into the heart space where a sweet feeling of love arises and permeates my mind and being.
Through kirtan there is a call and response where a 'leader' sings the Maha mantra and everyone responds and sings the mantra with the same melody.
It's a real journey of emotion and depth. While I sing, I find major things moving through my awareness especially my family, friends, past and even future experiences.
People were advised to sleep in a hotel but I decided to brave it and sleep at the hall! I lay down with a blanket and somehow managed to sleep quite comfortably right beside the kirtan players. At this stage the number had gone from about 900 in the busiest moment to 20! I awoke early and sat up immediately and very happily joined back in!
Through the 2nd day I entered deeper into the present moment, the presence of love and the presence and love of the creator.
I am ever grateful for this experience. If you'd like to give it a go, look for a kirtan group near where you live. In Dublin and London there is kirtan weekly at the Hare Krishna Temples as well as in other places.
Personally I love (as you can probably tell!) and highly recommend it. Allow the sound to move through your heart! Give it a try if you feel the calling!
The Maha Mantra:
'Haribol' means chant and be happy as this is what chanting is said to do for you- make you feel happier! A pretty nice outcome!
Meanwhile this week, I am in London checking out opportunities, spending time with my sister and offering one to one healing and soul's goals sessions.
Back to Ireland next Monday evening, with healing sessions taking place Tuesday and Friday at the Harvest Moon Centre, Dublin 2
Irish number: 00 353 872320159
English number: 00 44 7435816809
I welcome you to get in contact whereever you are as in addition to being in Londond nad Dublin am also working with other locations via skype!
Wishing you peace and happiness,
Thank you and Haribol!
Hi and welcome to the beginning of one of my favourite meditations ever!
Why it's a fav?
- Becuase it works!
- It's powerful.
- Feels great.
- Creates good energy in one's day, mind, heart, body and being.
- Feels wonderful.
- Fills my cup with overflowing good energy so that there is plenty for all.
I love this and am happy to share this with you. It goes further than this though so please back to me by email if you'd like more!
Peace and love dear brothers and sisters, I'd love to hear how you find this and if practising over 3 weeks what differences you notice.
The light is here and connecting us all.
Dear delight I can recive what you offer!
The Delight Meditation
Awareness of delight in the moment is the greatest guide to harmony. It guides us along a path that is for our higher good and the higher good of all. Meditating upon delight is incredibly powerful and a quick way of aligning with the soul self. It will increases awareness of light and delight. It helps one:
- Attune to peace and joy which will then seen more obvious in daily life.
- Recognise the optimal path for your optimal life, and thus, help you make wise and loving decisions.
- Tune into moment by moment soul guidance.
- Connect with your inner vision.
- Experience abundance and joy.
- Be aware of delight in any moment.
- Feel ease regardless of what is occurring.
- 5 breaths:Move awareness from the mind to the stomach muscles.
- Push the stomach muscles into the spine to exhale, once you exhale keep the stomach muscles held in for a few seconds as you pause.
- When it feels natural, push the stomach muscles out, as a breath is naturally drawn in. Again pause for a moment holding the full breath i. Repeat for 5 breaths to get in the flow.
- For 5 more breaths continue but focus upon feeling the air entering the leaving the nostrils. Feel the heart spae opening.
- For 5 breaths focus for a few seconds on the pause in between the breaths.
- Call in the feeling of delight and locate it somewhere on your body. It is still or moving? Observe it x 5 breaths.
Like to go to the next step!?
- Visualise a white light surrounding your aura.
- For 10 breaths:
- Inhale light and the feeling of delight from the white light of your aura into your heart.
- Exhale the light and the feeling delight light back out into the light which surrounds your aura.
- After 10 breaths the body and aura will be radiating white light and full of the feeling of delight.
Like to take it a step further!?
The Portal of the Divine Mystery/Mastery
My sister told me last week that she is stepping through the portal.
The portal to where? The portal to an even more true version of myself, possibly even as the poster in the hallway says, 'the me I never knew.'
Many are going through change right now in conscious preparation for even greater(more satisfying and fulfilling) times ahead.
Issues arising are 'healing.' Whatever is arising is what now needs to be dealt with. It is yoru urrent main distration to being in the now and as you deal with it, you'll observe the distraction evaporate and find yourself more in the now.
Things that are coming to mind are distractions to being in the now. We transcend and expand through it when we can find harmony with ourselves in what is happening. Accepting/ embracing/ transforming it from something heavy to a gift, to something that we can accept and be comfortable with is often the way.
The opportunity for trancendance and expansion is happening for all. No need to be afraid of letting go of who you've been in order to discover who you more truly are. I'll be flying there next to you. Many of us are. No need to choose familiarity of the same ole crap over the portal to the unknown. Have a clear intention and good feeling? Go with it- give it a go! grow! Leap! Fly! When you feel ready give it a go- and get support if you need it. This is why countless healing therapies and supportive services exist. You don't have to do it alone!
Stress is being seen as a gift and people are realising that their priorities are changing. Happiness of the heart is goign 'knock knock' with quality of life and a happy, peaceful heart being recognised as more valuable than any job or status.
Remember in any moment you can feel lonely or feel God.
The expansion is occuring for everyone. Those who have worked on themlseves may be able to ride this wave more easily. Challeneges will always arise but with compassion and understanding we can learn to ride the waves and not need to get so washing machined by every single one! There is no judgement here. Just the reminder, that all is well. Life is siupporting you. Can you take just half a day to be in nature and really feel into this? It will greatly help. I guanantee this. Just take it easy, no yapping. Look at the patterns in nature and the space between the braches. Breathe. Gratitude and ease permeating the body and cosmos. All of us are on the wave. The wave of a 'Welcome to a higher vibe life!". It has been gifted to you. Are you saying yes!?
Everyone I see is an element of me. Harmony with myself, others and whatever arises is key. Wishing you peace and success with this expansion. xxx
What feeling would you like to experience more of?
- Choose a feeling or request the inner-self to indicate a feeling that is beneficial for you. We are using love as an examaple.
- As you breathe feel like yo uare having a love affair with your breath.
- Inhale the feeling of love
- Exhale the feeling of love.
- Slow down into each breath.
- Feel the air enter and leave the nostrils.
- Breathe the love in through the nostrils with attraction, receptivity and openenss.
- Breathe love out through the nostrils with joy and gratitude, sharing love with the world!
- Rather than rushing there is a slowing down.
- Observe where the feeling of love sits in the body, it may move but will most likely eventually stay in the one place, maybe th heart?
- Add this in if you feel up to it!
- Inhale: focus on the feeling and visualise white light flow into this space.
- Exhale: maintain the feeling and visualise white light flow from this space into the air around you Repeat for two more breaths.
- Practice for 12 breaths: Feel of love and whit light flowing into body to heart: feeling of love and white light flowing out into surrounding space.
- Well done! During the day feelings and experienes of love will arise. Enjoy! Practice this breath whenever you feel like it!
If you have an questions or insights, please comment below, thanks!
Wishing you a blessed day full of spiritual understanding, liberating insights and the feeling of divine oneness.
Many of us are feeling quite sensitive right now. If you would like to be included in a group healing session through distance healing later today, please leave below or pm me your name and the name of any loved one's you'd like included. I will start weekly distance healing session, so feel free at any time to send your name or your loved one's via email or text to be included.
Breathing this very moment fully will help bring you back to the now. All stories are made up, I understand how real they feel, but now it has never been more important to breathe this moment fully and be who we are truly, say 'if none of these stories in my mind existed how would I be feeling now' ahh this is you, the real you, the you behind the stories :) Time to connect to the state of being who exists behind the stories and feel this moment fully. I know it's takes energy but I it also brings limitless priceless peace :) <3 <3 <3 X
This is a call out to you. Everyone is required, the more of us that breathe peacefully the smoother this transitional state will be. There are thousands of steps on the road to oneness. This is a big one and will flow outwards over the next few months. Help yourself and loved ones have a smooth ride on the wave of change by breathing peacefully for 1 minute or longer whenever you think of it, at least once a day. Do it with you friend, your partner, your family. One minute of eaceful breathing ~ the peaceful world is awakening in us. Now is the time. Let go of all stories and be the presence that you are, support soul presence on this planet - allow yourself to breathe slowly, one with life.
Are you prepared to drop all your stories and be this moment fully? Just for 1 minute right now? and go back to it throughout the day whenever you remember? This is warrior workfor the higher good of all. Give it a go and I'm sure you'll agree that the peace, limitless love and great feelings which arise from this space are totally worth it, with love, Orla
If you are in any way a sensitive person, you may have been feeling quite thrown around energetically in recent weeks.
The intense shifts of energy on planet Earth have been clearing people's energy shields and resetting their patterned behavior and ways of being. Has this happened to you? Have you experienced big changes recently? Have you felt lost, stressed or unsure of what is happening?
The changes that are happening at this time are for the higher good. The earth and all beings on it are going through a shift in evolution and that includes you and I. At whatever level this is affecting you, know that it is here to help you and to lighten your life.
Many people are being affected in different ways; some feel like their life is falling apart, and are fighting and resisting the change. Others feel like they couldn't care less! Many are tired, that is common right now, so just rest or let it go and get on with it!
The thing which makes an incredible difference at this time is breathing.
Yes simple pure breathing. I, like many people bring awareness into breathing, through meditation, first thing in the morning, last thing at night and now mostly throughout the day as we go about regular living. This simple change will alter your perspective and your feelings which will alter your entire take on life.
It will put you in touch with a gentle peacefulness that pervades even the most challenging of circumstances. Your presence will be more present than any outer circumstances. This is a great form of inner liberation and expansion of heaven on earth.
We are not alone, we are greatly supported by guides, angels and more. Call out for that for which you wish to receive help with. You will be heard and supported. Be clear. Awareness of breathing is like working out a muscle, start easy and it will naturally develop the more you practice. There is a whole book on meditation that will be released this year, there are so many pointers and things to share, but firstly, here is simple method of developing breath awareness. There could be many ways to do this, and I am not going to tell you that my way is right and someone else's is wrong! This is the way that works for me and I am happy to share it with you. It's a bit like brushing your hair, at first don't be surprised if it takes 10 minutes of brushing to become smooth and easy. Stay at it for 10 minutes. Set an alarm, close your eyes and go for it. Your whole soul is here, wouldn't it be nice to increase your soul presence for yourself and this planet!? Well this is definitely a way to go about doing that. For more information, please send a message. Meditation workshops, soul guidance workshops, energy healing and alignment sessions are all taking place regularly. With love, Orla
Meditation can take place in many forms; from singing, dancing, walking, sitting silently, chanting or even knitting. Whatever form one is drawn to, the experience is similar; it shifts one’s brain from regular thinking to being fully in the present moment. This total presence is what many crave in the modern world but do not know how to access. One may try many things such as food, alcohol and shopping in a bid to transcend the mundane life and connect to something deeper before they discover meditation. Meditation is free, available to everyone and more effective than putting money in the bank when it comes to building a loving and peaceful life and future. The following routine calms the mind and body, and will help connect you to the present moment. Practise this at will and look to introduce this to the beginning of all meditations.
Sit comfortably with your back straight. Although you can meditate lying down, it more powerful and effective sitting up correctly. The basic positions are:
- cross legged
- sitting on a chair with hands resting on your knees
- Consciously exhale moving your focus of awareness from the mind to the stomach muscles. Push the stomach muscles and lower back in towards the spine emptying all air out of the lungs as you naturally exhale. Pause, and hold the muscles in with no breath. Feel the body relax as a wave of energy moves through the body. Relax the stomach muscles as the body naturally inhales, and push the stomach muscles and lower back away from the spine for a full inhale. Again pause, and stay with the full breath when the diaphragm is full. Feel the wave of energy flowing in the body even after you have stopped inhaling. Observe as it turns like a wave in the sea and the breath is exhaled again.
- For 5 breaths observe the natural flow as the diaphragm lowers and the stomach muscles push in to exhale, and the diaphragm raises and pushes out as you inhale as above. This way the stomach draws the breath in and out like a pump.
- Locate the oysters the lower back. This area is to the right and left of the spine at the lower back above the bum, close to where the kidneys are located. Bring awareness into this area as you breathe through the diaphragm and stomach muscles. It may take some practise, but will help balance and raise your energy. In future meditation as you bring awareness into the stomach muscles, bring it also into these oysters in the back. Place your hands over them too and you can do this for others. It is a great way to start a healing or any energy work. This area acts like a power centre and doing this raises your energy and boosts your general health.
- Following on from above
- To exhale: push the stomach muscles in towards the spine
- To inhale: push the stomach muscles out, away from spine For approximately1 minute (or longer if comfortable) use the stomach muscles to breathe as rapidly as you can this way. This oxygenates the body, benefits the mind, immune system and increases one’s presence.
- The breath is controlled by the movement of the stomach muscles- can you feel this?
- Now continue breathing maintaining complete awareness in the stomach muscles. Stay focused!
- Take 20 breaths spending longer on the inhale than on the exhale
- Take 20 breaths spending longer on the exhale than the inhale
- Take 20 breaths at your natural breathing speed – observe pauses
- Observe and feel the air entering and leaving the nostrils in the inhale and exhale for 2 minutes. Tune into the feeling of peace as you inhale and exhale through the nose. Breathe the air in peacefully through the nostrils and exhale it peacefully through the nostrils. After a few breaths this will become easier and will slow you right down into the present moment.
- Scan your physical body by moving your awareness from the top of the crown down to your toes.
- Breathe light and presence in and out of each area as you move awareness through the body. Give extra light and love to any areas that may appear grey, strained or that you feel would benefit.
- Complete the meditation by grounding yourself:
- On the exhale : Imagine a white line coming from a white light spinning above your crown down through the heart down through your base area, down the two legs and through the feet into the earth and imagine it going into a white light in the centre of the earth.
- On the inhale: Feel and imagine the white light at the centre of the earth flowing up through the earth, through your feet, up your spine and out your crown to the spinning white light which spins above your head.
- Take three deep breaths; on the exhale the light flows from a spinning ball of light above the crown down to the centre of the earth on the inhale the light flows up from the centre of the earth up through the body to the spinning ball of light.
This is an expanded set up and standard grounding. It is enough for a full meditation or can be adapted to the start and end of any other meditation. The more you practice the easier it is to feel peace and stay with it or reconnect to it throughout the day.
A friend in New Zealand, an amazing healer who I used to work with, Bernie Melhuish posted this picture recently. He is a spiritual healer who works throughout New Zealand, totally humble and yet respected and loved by so many.
A few weeks ago he did some art work, that is channeled, he starts and then gets guided...
here is one of his pics
Here is what I saw, Sun ~ Sirius ~ Earth in alignment. Crown chakra open. masculine and feminine coming into balance. 'Perfect imbalance in balance' meaning however you are/feel right now is perfect even if it feels askew, it is the observation of one state shifting into another. The masculine energy is shifting as we open to, accept and welcome the masculine energy into the heart. Looks like everything is lining up for some great super quantum shift ~ March 2015!
Here is the follow on:
Embracing the masculine energy.
I have spent years working with the Divine Feminine force, feeling it, embodying it, bowing to it and observing it. The divine feminine had indeed been arising through out the world, and today many women and men are embodying this. Hurray! But it's not over...
The Divine Masculine energy is shifting now and it's time for realignment within each of us has come. Of course many may be already in harmony with this energy and I am so glad of this. In my case and that of many I know it is currently happening- but what does this mean? Talking to a 'spiritual' male friend about the feminine and masculine roles in society, he said,
'The masculine role in society has not just been hard for women, it's also been hard for the men. Men have had to play to a role that for many didn't feel right, and maybe they didn't want to be that way. but there was little choice or room for understanding for them to behave in any other way, they had to fit in and 'be a man' to survive in society...'
Such clarity, that made so much sense and can be seen right through society, I could only bow and smile to this person.
In this picture the darkened circle on the lower right represents the Divine Masculine and the slight askewedness it has been experiencing on Earth. It is shifting though, a lot now and will continue over the next two years and as it comes more into alignment and people will find themselves changing in their belief structure, thoughts, words and actions regarding the masculine role. This will affect women as much as men as the Yin Yang reminds us that within each is the opposite. What we think of the male race, what we imagine the male role to be, in ourselves and others is all changing. I can not tell you how it will affect you, but expect revelations, insights and more peace. The only difficulty might be if you have resistance to this new energy, for example keep trying to to push your 'old' viewpoints and approach, and they will probably just collapse and not work any longer. I for one am so happy that we are at the dawning of this time. I have been guilty of great judgement up on the male role in society and I am sorry.
I am so happy to ease up on that now and attune to a more loving, respectful and kind way. I didn't even realise I had these judgments, I am by all means a fairly balanced and decent person(!!), but as I sat down and really opened to this, I feel so much more at ease, real, unafraid and open. I feel happier and am enjoying the opportunity this gives to be really kind to the masculine role, supportive and see what happens. The heart is expanding and that is something wonderful to celebrate! I've outgrown my old self, and I truly believe this shift is a cosmic one that is affecting all on Earth at this time. Even the masculine in me is shifting and I am so happy. I went out today and as a matter of necessity, 'the mother of invention,' I broke down a load of wood for my fire and stacked it up in the house. One small feat for man one massive leap for this woman! I am so thankful for this expansion, this opportunity we are all being blessed with. May we embrace both the masculine and feminine energies in ourselves and others, giving each the space to be perfectly as we are. May we expand in peace, acceptance, understanding, compassion, consciousness and joy!
Here is a video introducing some basics on meditation.
Any approach to calming oneself can be helpful.
There are many ways one can go about this.
Here is a simple guide to one of my favorite, quick and yet super powerful meditations.
Experiment with this daily in the morning (and at night if you will) for 10 minutes or longer.
Observe how your days unfold :)
vid not working? click here for link!