Have you come across the term "highly sensitive?"
It's a term I'm familiar with having had to learn about my own sensitivity in order to survive living in this world! Furthermore it has helped me let go of that which doesn't work for me and turn my life into a more enjoyable journey.
Below you will find a link sent to me by a lovely friend, to a talk by specialist, Elain Aron, on "highly sensitive poeple". It is a lovely talk and well worth the listen if this is a theme in your life or someone you know. Here is some of what she has to say:
- Your trait is normal. It is found in 15 to 20% of the population–too many to be a disorder, but not enough to be well understood by the majority of those around you.
- It is innate. In fact, biologists have found it in over 100 species (and probably there are many more) from fruit flies, birds, and fish to dogs, cats, horses, and primates. This trait reflects a certain type of survival strategy, being observant before acting. The brains of highly sensitive persons (HSPs) actually work a little differently than others'.
- You are more aware than others of subtleties. This is mainly because your brain processes information and reflects on it more deeply. So even if you wear glasses, for example, you see more than others by noticing more.
- You are also more easily overwhelmed. If you notice everything, you are naturally going to be overstimulated when things are too intense, complex, chaotic, or novel for a long time.
- This trait is not a new discovery, but it has been misunderstood. Because HSPs prefer to look before entering new situations, they are often called "shy." But shyness is learned, not innate. In fact, 30% of HSPs are extraverts, although the trait is often mislabeled as introversion. It has also been called inhibitedness, fearfulness, or neuroticism. Some HSPs behave in these ways, but it is not innate to do so and not the basic trait.
- Sensitivity is valued differently in different cultures. In cultures where it is not valued, HSPs tend to have low self-esteem. They are told "don't be so sensitive" so that they feel abnormal.
Did you know that being highly sensitive has also lots of benefits!?
Remember all weaknesses can be turned into strengths :) Being highly sensitive enables me to feel the energy of a person by just focusing on them, looking at them or meeting them. It definitely forms the back bone of my work and does so for many including great artits, musicians, parents, carers and more. There are some great insights and tips in this audio. I hope you enjoy it. To appreciating each other, and
with loving kindness,
Ps Sometimes "Highly Sensitives" just need peace and quiet and to get away from it all, digest all the data input they've been experiencing and tune into their inner self and rhythm. This is often where relationships can run into difficulty. If time out is not permitted for oneself, people may turn against each other in the relationship, mistaking a need for time out with thinking it is someone else's fault that one is feeling this way. If you are highly sensitive, make sure you arrange time out for yourself regularly, you'll find you'll feel much calmer, happier and all your relationships will benefit :)
So busy, yet happy!
Just to keep you all in the loop.
Am off this weekend to Castletownbere on the Beara peninsula to visit a gentleman who is helping with one of my books. In addition I'll be sharing meditation insights and practices and offering energy healing sessions. Please contact me on 087 2320159 if you are in the area and are interested :)
I had a blast at the Electric Picnic two weeks ago at Stradbally where I was overawed at the great peace present and between so many people. It was a beautiful festival where I ended up doing a few unexpected healings and meeting some great new people- in addition to dancing my heart out and partying with love :) My mobile phone was taken an hour into the festival! I coped fine without it, and have since replaced it but unfortuantely hadn't back up a couple of new client contact details so if you are reading this and were in contact recently expecially to arrange a healing session, please send another message to 087 2320159. Thank you!
I was would like to share with you a little promo and word up on a special product, Arginine, which you can buy on the website. I have cut the price for the next two weeks- till Friday September 26th from 20 euro to 12.50.
It's an energy product and whether it's a game of golf, a long run, a walk, a busy day, physical day with kids or whatever else this really does deliver more energy to one's being as well as support the immune function and help clear waste from the body. It is also found in the herbal parasite cleanse which i'll be promoting soon too- all avaialble to purchase on this website. I can post products to you or they can be picked up from a location near Dublin city.
Wishing you a fabulous weekend. Enjoy the weather! I believe it will be very nice for another week and mild enough for a few more weeks.
Blessings and peace dear brothers and sisters,
Hi, I hope you are well. I am out and about in the beautiful Irish countryside this week having a break and doing a bit of writing as well as meeting wonderful people. I spent a truly special weekend at the Irish Permaculture Gathering and met so many great souls! I have visited CloughJordan and enjoyed a tour of the lovely ecovillage and am now officially galavanting :)
Here is a video taken two weeks ago when I was on day 23 of the current parasite cleanse (available from this website).
There is a link to this in a previous post, but just in case you missed it am including it again. Am now on day 37 and taking just a weekly maintenance dose. I've also began to have a little fruit (quarter of a banana or a few berries) and honey here and there. I am feeling great. energy is wonderful, mind is clear and happy. Will update with another vid soon. I wish you peaceful breathing and I wish you well x