Every 6 months or so I do a cleanse. I keeps me well and deepens the peace and happiness.
I started cleansing for purely physical improvements; skin, digestive issues, low energy, emotional imbalance and sadness were all knocking on my door and becoming too much to carry. Today I still receive a physical and emotional boost, but I also really notice how patterns of behaviour and spiritual insight become clearer in the space and some positive shift occurs.
4 weeks ago I hoped on board the most recent cleanse train.
The last few cleanses over the past few years have been fairly easy and I thought this one would be too... Make the decision, just do it and enjoy every day as much as possible. How hard can it be!?
What does this cleanse involve?
1. Herbs to clear parasites, bugs and waste out of the body
2. Certain amino acids to help you heal, rejuvenate, sleep more deeply, cleanse toxins out of the body and provide additional energy to make up for caffeine and sweet things.
3. Eliminate certain foods from the diet. These include: sugar, fruit, honey, wheat, dairy, white potatoes, white rice and yeast.
4. Eating well. A cleanse is more about what you can have than what you can’t have. For many this requires a major shift to eating patterns. Grains like brown rice, quinoa and pasta made from brown rice and vegetables can be enjoyed along with lots of fresh vegetables, meat, fish, tofu, salads, soups, casseroles and curry dishes. There are loads of menu ideas and options available. Raw nuts and goat cheese became good friends. Almond butter is a delicious treat, roasted sweet potato wedges a sure fix for a low blood sugar, green smoothies a must for vitality and energy.
- It was easy for the first 10 days!
- Then I had cravings arise. You need to eat well on a cleanse, if you are hungry it can feel quite difficult. A varied healthy diet with good meals and a supply of snacks to bring with you just in case such as nuts and seeds, hummus and cucumber really helps.
- I found a need and desire for a massive amount of nuts, and following eating quite a lot of mixed almond, cashew, walnut and brazil nuts that I felt satisfied and my blood sugar rebalanced itself!
- After about 3 weeks, things which weren’t that sweet before began to taste much sweeter! Tomatoes deliciously sweet, raw cashews too. The taste buds are reawakened and all food tastes nicer and is more easily satisfying. This was a great moment as I really felt the desire for sugar go. I was about 14 days into the cleanse when I started getting visions of 99’s, cakes, cappuccino, and stuff I’d not even normally be thinking of arise in my mind, calling me! I had to ask the question, what part of me is calling for this food? A good cleanse stops feeding bugs, kills them and removes them, cleanses the intestines and provides energy and healing support.
- About 3 weeks into the cleanse, I also noticed that I didn’t require as much sleep as I had prior. It went from about 8 to 7 hours- quite a result as I like to live fully and rest well!
How it feels now after four weeks:
I feel wonderful! Within a day of starting the cleanse I noticed the benefits. I feel amazing right now and much clearer and more energised. I see it not just for the physical health benefits which I welcomed, but also for the spiritual evolution and life shift which occurs through this clearing. I noticed my head space much quieter and clearer too. I made the decision, and with it, I wasn’t thinking about what café I could go to or sweet treat I could have! People fear that this may make life dull and boring, but it doesn’t. You move into another gear and new energy gets liberated. Of course for many it is no big deal and they eat like this every day naturally. For others it is a big change. It took four weeks to the day for my final 'leap' to ooccur. With it I felt a new level of inner light and presence. It has facilitated positive inner development you could say. I am feeling better and way more in tune, even though I felt pretty good before it started.
Some tips if you are thinking about it:
- If you are going to go for it, make a clear decision. Put a timeline on it, write and state it out loud. The minimum is four weeks and some people may need longer.
- Get a list of foods you can eat and recipe ideas (available upon request and online) and start preparing and imagining straight away.
- Purchase the new foods and integrate them into your normal diet.
- Set a date with a transition time of 4-5 days at the beginning. This means that you aim to eat only cleanse friendly foods but if something gets in or you get stuck etc. it is ok. It is to help the mind and body adjust. Start taking the amino acids but hold back on the herbs until you feel really ready.
- Eat or clear the food in your home that is non-cleanse friendly. Out of sight – out of home! Make it as easy as possible to succeed.
- Keep a note book of how you feel, each day makes notes and mark how you feel out of 10, energy, clarity etc. Note your dreams too. Physical cleansing also brings with it emotional release and healing. It's not important to remember your dreams but it may be interesting.
- Observe yourself. Talk to yourself like a loving mother and father. Tell yourself that you are doing great. You can do it. Believe in yourself. Project forward and imagine how great you will be feeling when it's completed! Be proud of yourself.
- Enjoy all the lovely new foods you can eat.
- Cleanse with a friend or friends if you can for support and enjoyable combined meal making. It makes it more fun, supportive, interesting and your friends will thank you in the years to come!
- Go to health restaurants and enjoy a nice meal out that is tailored to your needs. Most health restaurants cater for this type of diet.
- Eat organic as much as you can! The additional health benefits, nutrition and taste will only make life even more enjoyable for you.
- Just do it, a bit of a cleanse is better than none, and the next one will probably be easier :) start where you are at and go with it.
Og Mandino, whose book is available for free to read here, Links to interesting and possibly life changing free reading material! says that man is a slave to his habits and with this knowledge should consciously create positive habits that serve him and the world. This cleanse is a gift. It is an opportunity to consciously make great habits that make you feel happier, healthier and good about yourself. For I it helped create a new equilibrium. I will enjoy this and every day and aim to honour what foods my body calls out for and at the same time not worry too much for in six months I'll be doing it or something similar all over again!
Cleanse herbs area available from the website , either in a handy all in one bottle for children adults and pets, Click here for direct link to shop, or as separate herbs as recommend by Dr Hulda Clark Click here to purchase 5 product cleanse. Wishing you great radiant health, love, Orla
Hi friends and new visitors! Welcome!
Here is a little video I made on Wednesday the 24th of June 2015 just after the summer solstice here in Ireland. Hope you get something from it!
It is helpful for increasing the feel good factor! Close your eyes, sit back and give it a go morning and night for 10 to 40 days and see how this impacts you! Less than 10 minutes this is enough to make a difference in one's life. Observe and make of an note of what shows up in your day to day life as you practice this! :) I'd love your feedback and please share if there are any other meditations/ info that you would like to hear more about. Click here to do direct to youtube Watch video direct on Youtube
Peace & love, Orla
18th May 2015:
10 days ago I headed off on a mini retreat, a living retreat really. Feeling deeply thankful and grounded right now. Spent the past 10 days in the UK and am so grateful for the fullness of these experiences. Started with a wonderful plane ride from Dublin to a 24 hour kirtan in Brimingham with about 300- 500 people singing, chanting, dancing and meditating. Just amazing, there are no words for the love which surges through in these experiences. At one stage on the Saturday night while dancing and signing, I felt two portals in my brain open and this energy shoot through into other parts of my mind! The mana of ecstatic bliss! In a time when the world needs love and gentleness and we blossom so beautifully in such a true place of love and light, these gatherings whether large or small are priceless and dear to this being. My heart is overflowing with gratitude to those who create these events, and to those I meet along the way, such beloved souls that there is nothing but gratitude, deep love, appreciation and something else I do not have the words to express. So sweet. Thank youto the special people I met and connected with.
Thissmile emoticThiThis incredible journey then continued to London where I stayed with my amazing sister whose kindness and generosity is beautifully limitless. Following a day of progress and good work, took the train to Brighton where I spent 4 days and 3 nights catching up with my dear friend Chantelle from New Zealand, while working during the day and chatting and catching up morning and night. Such friendships are the gifts that keep on giving. Complete open conversation and connection with another is such a joyous experience, its not about agreeing with each other, but rather about being clear and open and coming from love regardless of what is being said. Such beautiful experiences and conversations can occur this way.
Back in London I got to catch up with some clients who have evolved so gloriously over the past few years and especially over the past 6 months that I feel like putting them on television so others can gain from their experiences and brilliance! Of course it's not always easy when you are evolving, but having some guidance, practices and awareness really helps! Such grand appreciation dear life.
A lovely weekend full of ease, productivity and peace followed with my sister and nephew! What a blessed 10 day experience mama Earth. I feel so very subtly transformed! Thank you for taking such care of I as I journey, and I haven't included so many other things such as gifted special encounters with lovely people and expanding awareness.
This morning I had a dream before I awoke where I was 2 years old. I had similar clarity to now but didn't understand other people or how the world worked. Why weren't people always kind!? Why didn't they tell the truth, why did they 'hurt'!? I recalled and re-experienced an event that occurred at that age that my conscious mind had forgotten. I felt a hurt from that event in the dream that when I awoke I could still feel very subtly in my adult body. Since this morning I've been transforming it into light and love & am feeling very well! I am so grateful for the unexpected gifts of awareness and abundance that continue to unfold. I'm offering this moment to energetically and physically thank and acknowledge life and the wonderful kind souls who helped make this trip something truly special. I will share this joy. Peace and love brothers and sisters, love you, X
Can you locate pain or discomfort anywhere on your body? Can you focus on it with light and love like a magnifying glass focusing sunlight?
Remember to treat others with honesty, integrity and loving kindness, even if they are just two years old. There may be much more going on in people than we often realise :)
Anything you are thankful for right now? Would love you to write us a note below and share :)